New member from Portugal!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJarego

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an audiophile since the age of 16 and a new member from Portugal (living in Lisboa area). The speakers are the Summit X which are still amazing speakers. Any future speaker upgrade will be within the realm of MartinLogan 🙃

Some info on the system:
Power Line: 2 dedicated power lines (using 4 mm2 section cables) with Doepke circuit breakers
Power Conditioner: Audiotricity Chimera (from local brand Audiotricity – HIFI Components), feeding only the server, DAC and external power supplies
Amplifier: Accupahse A-47
DAC: PS Audio Directream (with some tweaks)
Server: custom built with passive cooling, running HQPlayer + Roon. External linear power supply
USB regen: Sotm tX-USB ultra (between server and DAC)
Cables: Nordost Frey 2 (speakers); Local made powercords (including for the speakers) and Interconnect (brand about to be launched and the very best cables I've ever experienced)

Regarding the power, I cannot stress how important it is: having the dedicated power lines and these powercords (which are really off the scale) have transformed the system beyond recognition.

Which you all a happy new year! 🙂

IMG_6700[1].JPG

Hi and welcome.

Nice system you got there!
I'm pretty sure those cables must also have cost you a lot of €€.
Happy New Year!

Thank you all :)

@Reverb : It's fortunate that I'm a friend of the guy that produces the cables and I've been helping with the testing. This means that I can access prototypes and, as long as I don't loose the sleep (I don't, tbh 🙃 ) for not having cables with the definitive fit and finish, I can save some dough ;)

@Garrett : I cannot disclose many details but the powercords use 7 solid core conductors with 2,5 mm2 each (AWG 14). Then there is the geometry and the multiple shielding (the last of which is something I haven't see in any other cable). A lot of hand work is involved but so far no simplification that was tried kept the performance intact; regarding the interconnect, they use silver wire produced by a guy who works for the jewelry industry (a cheaper alternative will have to be found but commercial silver wires tested so far fell behind in terms of performance). Multiple wires, individually shielded are used, besides global external shielding.

This friend has been experimenting a lot in the last 30 years and he's obsessed with the details. But I cannot argue: the details *do* make a difference.

Back