New member from Los Angeles

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am finally official. This is still work in progress.

I just got a pair of Renaissance ESL 15A in my man cave, that includes some gym equipment. A fresh water aquarium will soon sit between the speakers.

I was going to go budget on the amp, because the speakers were so darn expensive. However, I finally settled on a Rotel Michi X5 integrated AMP, that was about 100 lbs (45 kg) and seemed like a great value. I didn't want to waste valuable floor space on the AMP. So I put a 200 lb rated garage rack to support the beast of an AMP overhead.

I like listening to a wide variety of music, especially with some good bass. Some of my favorite bands are Offspring and Def Leppard. I also love dance and electronic like See You in the Other Side by Pyramid. For newer stuff, I think Suga Suga by Baby Bash is pretty awesome (there are only new hip hop songs, still waiting for rock to make a comeback).

Attachments

• ML ESL 15a.jpg
    ML ESL 15a.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 0
Sweet music system for working out! I just use a Sonos speaker setup for that. Is this your first ML speakers?

@Robert D yes I am using Sonos with Amazon Music streaming. I am thinking about Qobuz, because supposedly it has better sound quality. Any thoughts?

@Robert D yes I am using Sonos with Amazon Music streaming. I am thinking about Qobuz, because supposedly it has better sound quality. Any thoughts?
I use Tidal with my new Lumin player on my main system. I also have Sonos set up for whole house audio, with 5 zones. The Lumin playing MQA files from Tidal is much better than Sonos. I love Sonos though for whole house, and that just plays through a multi channel amp and ceiling speakers/rock speakers.

Updated picture of my 15a speakers (and a fish tank). It is very hypnotic in the room now.

Attachments

• Speakers and Tank 2.jpg
    Speakers and Tank 2.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 0
Back