NEW Member from Jacksonville, Florida

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

J

jgkorbel

I came across this excellent site as I was trying to decide if I should purchase some Martin Logan speakers. After reading a number of posts and finding great enthusiasm for this speaker brand, I purchased a set of Vistas and Script i(s) to upgrade my electronics (from Monitor Audio bookshelves). I am in the process of constructing a Home Theater room by expanding an existing 12x12 room, and enlarging it to 12x25.

Any and all suggestions and comments will be welcome (and appreciated).
I am hoping to learn much from this group.

Rich

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Korbs,

Welcome to the club. Great to have a new Martin Logan owner on the forum. Keep us updated as your system progresses.

My two cents is that with the Vistas you will be a little bass shy for home theater, so save your pennies and invest in a good ML sub, such as the dynamo, depth, or descent. You will not regret that purchase. I also highly recommend the Stage as a center channel.

You are about to embark on a wonderful journey into high end audio. Your wallet should be fearful!

:welcome:

eknuds01

Reaction score
I came across this excellent site as I was trying to decide if I should purchase some Martin Logan speakers. After reading a number of posts and finding great enthusiasm for this speaker brand, I purchased a set of Vistas and Script i(s) to upgrade my electronics (from Monitor Audio bookshelves). I am in the process of constructing a Home Theater room by expanding an existing 12x12 room, and enlarging it to 12x25.

Any and all suggestions and comments will be welcome (and appreciated).
I am hoping to learn much from this group.

Welcome!

I spent 5 years at UF for grad school, so it's nice to see other North Floridians on the board.

The script i is a step in the right direction. Now you'll enter the fascinating world that is amps, pre-amps, processors, subs, cables (speaker and interconnects), CD players (stock, modified), outboard DACs, speaker placement, wall treatments, speaker spikes...

:)

Good to have you aboard!!!

Joey_V

Reaction score
It starts..... :).

:welcome: aboard! Our group is one full of great guys and a gal! Have fun here and know that your wallet is in good hands. ;)

Pics are always a plus!

Joey

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Korbs, Welcome ! remain calm but keep your seatbelt fatened at all times. We are nuts only 360 days of the year, the other five are when we seek treatment.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
KORBs,

:welcome:

Glad to have you join the nuthouse, er, I mean forum.

Since you are expanding your theater, please look into whether you are able to implement an Infinite Baffle Subwoofer. These will leave any commercial design in the dust, and are incredibly low-cost to build.

Read up on my implementation for my theater here.

Regardless, you will love your new ML's they deliver incredible sound.

Brad225

Reaction score
Korbs,

Welcome to the club.

Please post pics as you progress with the HT construction.

Everyone here enjoys see what others go through trying to reach entertainment nirvana.

Watch your wallet around Joey though. You could end up with a room full of great new equipment without knowing what happened.

kcl

Reaction score
We're always glad to welcome new members. I look forward to seeing photos of your system to see how you've configured things.

Pcar928fan

Reaction score
Korbs,

Great start! Don't forget to look at Audiogon and consider used gear. It is GREAT bang for the buck! I bought my Descent new, and my Ascent new, my Prodigy, Aerius i, Script, Cinema and Theater were all bought second hand and I have never had a LICK of problems w/ ANY of them and they sound AWESOME! I love my ML gear...wouldn't trade it for the world! Well, maybe a direct one for one trade for some MBL radial's! LOL!

Anyway, it is a fun hobby and you really need a good ML center and sub to round things out. Then you can look at big power, etc. I used a Pioneer Elite VSX49Tx for YEARS as my HT processor and amp for the ML's. Worked very well, but going to all Rotel seperate gear made a HUGE improvement in the ability to drive the big Prodigy and Ascent speakers!

Welcome to our little family!