New member from Costa Rica.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've happily had my ML Sequels since about 1993 when I bought them from my brother and about four years later replaced the panels under warranty. I had to have them stored for some years and now tried to install them again at my new home powered by an ADCOM 5.1 system. One of the panels is not working at all and I was told by someone here in my country (the same guy who had replaced the panels years ago) that he would have to charge me $2500 for a pair of new panels from Canada. The woofers sound OK. It seems to me like a lot of money for the panels (import taxes probably have a lot to do with it). I now need to make a decision to either replace the panels or buy new MLs (I have yet to find out the price for new ones). Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

I just replaced the panels on my Prodigy speakers made in 2000. They sound wonderful now. I don't regret spending the $2800 on them.

Pura Vida! otro Tico !

Welcome Javo. I grew up in Costa Rica and also have Sequels I bought new in 1993. Mine have yet to be repaneled, but I've cared for them very well, and for the last 23 years, they live in a dark man-cave otherwise known as my home theater. They are my rears.

So the replacement panels you originally received, were they never installed?

If so, they should still work.

I also second getting in contact with @roberto, as he's local and can take a look.

The things you learn on this site. I didn't know after all this time that Roberto was an ML Dealer. So he is the guy who can give us 50% off and free shipping? I know, if only it was true :). What a nice guy to have as a dealer. Roberto is a very nice person and easy to converse with. He is the kind of dealer I'd like to have instead of Best Buy.

Hola Chicos,
The Javo speakers, the Sequels, were sold by me in 1988 to his brother. I got a call from Javo’s son saying that ML had a life time warranty. I did explain to him that ML offers service to all models less the Logos model. Javo’s brother is a very dear friend.
I told them the bad news of how ML increased the cost of the replacement stat panels. He is thinking what to do.

Thank you for your recommendation dear friends.
Happy listening!

Hi everyone. I've happily had my ML Sequels since about 1993 when I bought them from my brother and about four years later replaced the panels under warranty. I had to have them stored for some years and now tried to install them again at my new home powered by an ADCOM 5.1 system. One of the panels is not working at all and I was told by someone here in my country (the same guy who had replaced the panels years ago) that he would have to charge me $2500 for a pair of new panels from Canada. The woofers sound OK. It seems to me like a lot of money for the panels (import taxes probably have a lot to do with it). I now need to make a decision to either replace the panels or buy new MLs (I have yet to find out the price for new ones). Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
You should call Russell Knotts in Ohio. He rehabs older ML speaker panels. He just repaired my Ascents for around $600. The freight both ways was around $200. The cost of replacements from ML would have been $1800. I realize that freight costs would be much higher for you. The rehabed speakers are very tight sounding. Since I bought mine used, I never heard the panel as new. He did a great job, but don't be in a hurry. He is a one man shop. He knows his speakers as he used to build electrostats. Give him a call and he will give you the info you need to make a decison. His number is 440-286-1117.

You should call Russell Knotts in Ohio
Thanks for the helpful reference, it is a nice resource for those of us in the USA. But the set in question is down in Central America, Costa Rica to be specific ;-) Getting panels shipped back and forth would be a pain (and a risk), not to mention expensive.

Latest posts

Back