New Loganite?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beakman

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new here so I just thought I'd introduce myself and describe my system.
My name is Rob, but Beakman works fine from most anybody. I am relatively new to ML ownership, being the proud and satisfied owner of a pair of Aeon i's for less than 6 months now. These are fired up by a matched pair of Outlaw monoblock 2200's via 26' of Monster M1.4s biwire cabls. The preamp is also an Outlaw, the 970, so as I may expand in the future. The main sources used are either a Sony NC555Es cd/dvd changer or a Sirius satallite receiver. I am also running an MXT 10" powered sub, which barely does the rest of the system justice, but hey, we do what we can :eek: .

I love these speakers, or should I say, this system. The clarity and speed (attack?) are astonishing! I'm looking forward to seeing what tips and advice is here as well as being part of the ML advocacy.
Thanks for the space,
Beakman

Beakman said:
Hi everybody, I'm new here so I just thought I'd introduce myself and describe my system.
My name is Rob, but Beakman works fine from most anybody. I am relatively new to ML ownership, being the proud and satisfied owner of a pair of Aeon i's for less than 6 months now. These are fired up by a matched pair of Outlaw monoblock 2200's via 26' of Monster M1.4s biwire cabls. The preamp is also an Outlaw, the 970, so as I may expand in the future. The main sources used are either a Sony NC555Es cd/dvd changer or a Sirius satallite receiver. I am also running an MXT 10" powered sub, which barely does the rest of the system justice, but hey, we do what we can :eek: .

I love these speakers, or should I say, this system. The clarity and speed (attack?) are astonishing! I'm looking forward to seeing what tips and advice is here as well as being part of the ML advocacy.
Thanks for the space,
Beakman

Nice setup! If I were to change anything it would likely be the CD/DVD changer first. A small NAD 514 would be a glorious step up. Their $500 player would be a world of difference. Maybe someday Outlaw will release a DVD player....

tsd2005 said:
Nice setup! If I were to change anything it would likely be the CD/DVD changer first. A small NAD 514 would be a glorious step up. Their $500 player would be a world of difference. Maybe someday Outlaw will release a DVD player....

Thanks. I think my next upgrade will be with the subwoofer, though. The Sony is doing a fine job of making all my CD's new again plus I like the changer feature. The sub is another story. The Oulaw has intergrated it very well with the ML's but it has a negative low coloration to the sound. My theory with subs is that the physically bigger, the better (for music). The Bag Ends look like a contender, but @ 8kHz, what can I do with that if I don't have a 8k signal? I'm leaning towards a VMPS, if they still exist. (am I allowed to put a link here)?

EDIT: VMPS Subs

Last edited:
Beakman said:
Thanks. I think my next upgrade will be with the subwoofer, though. The Sony is doing a fine job of making all my CD's new again plus I like the changer feature. The sub is another story. The Oulaw has intergrated it very well with the ML's but it has a negative low coloration to the sound. My theory with subs is that the physically bigger, the better (for music). The Bag Ends look like a contender, but @ 8kHz, what can I do with that if I don't have a 8k signal? I'm leaning towards a VMPS, if they still exist. (am I allowed to put a link here)?

A Bag End is an excellent amp for ML sound (I have 2).

However I know Sony, I have lots of their units around. You are definately hearing your CDs all over again, because you got ML sound now. However trust me on this, buy one of these if you like convenience:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homevdeo&1153083035

You keep your 5 disc changer convenience but will get a massive boost in performance. Its leaps forward in Redbook (CD) playback.

Latest posts

Back