New Loganeer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralflar

Reaction score
Just lurking here has provided a lot of useful information already. This is a nice place, and this is the time to join. A quick intro seems to be in order before I start asking away for specific advice on my upgrade path.

My Logans are Aeon-is and my first ESLs. When my trusty old amp died in April, I just wanted a replacement; never intended to swap speakers and everything else also. Oh well.

The Aeons are now close to their optimal positions. I also believe I have the toe-in right. The soundstage is reasonably deep and wide, although not tall enough.

While I have a HT setup (sort of), 2 channel music is clearly most important to me. Mostly Blues, Rock, Classic, Jazz; through an Arcam DV137 player and a Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver in direct mode. The Aeons' bass range is extended by a Dynamo cut off at 30Hz.

The HT setup consists of same receiver and sub plus a Polk Soundbar. I'd like something better but the room does not really permit the setup of surround speakers. The screen is nice though, a 1080p-capable Sharp 37".

I am not going to touch cables here, but I will talk about furniture. It does not get the attention it deserves. The equipment rack is a BDI Axis tower. The center piece of my setup is the comfy chair: an Ekornes "Stressless" Vegas. Priceless after a hard day's work :).

Alright, enough blathering. I have told you a few things about me. May I go ask silly questions now?

ralf

Welcome, glad to hear your a "two channel" kind of guy. we are becoming an endangered group !

ralflar said:
I am not going to touch cables here, but I will talk about furniture. It does not get the attention it deserves. The equipment rack is a BDI Axis tower. The center piece of my setup is the comfy chair: an Ekornes "Stressless" Vegas. Priceless after a hard day's work :).

ralf

I have a BDI Vector rack in cherry, and have been on the verge of buying a bunch of Ekornes stuff. Their chairs and sofas are great, I just hate the 4 month delivery...

I guess you guys are trying to tell me you really want to see pictures ;)

After work perhaps.

SteveInNC said:
I have a BDI Vector rack in cherry, and have been on the verge of buying a bunch of Ekornes stuff. Their chairs and sofas are great, I just hate the 4 month delivery...
Ouch. I bought my chair from a local Danish Impressions shop. The wait was only 3 days.

Despite the friendly forum BANter:

No pics tonight; returned from work late. Now I will unwind to the tune of Jimmy Witherspoon's "Big Blues".

Latest posts

Back