New Logan Info: Stage and Vista (from ML reps)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cvj said:
Am I glad I got the Aeon-i for $2,500 whn it went on sale last month :)

From the above description it sounds like the Vista is "Aeon-i Lite" ... for $1,000 more.... less bass, smaller panel... perhaps more profit?

Am I too cynical? Perhaps..but it will be interestingly to compare the Aeon-i with the Vista ...if the local dealer will have them both on display....

CVJ
The Vista specs Joey posted were just palmary specs; they were not the final specs. Our Webmaster TomDac just posted the final specs of the Vista in our press release section of the site. If you compare the specs the Vista is only 1” shorter then the Aeon, the vista is 90dB sensitive compared to Aeons 89dB, both speakers can play down to 43hz but the vista can play up to 23,000 compared to the Aeons 22,000.

Aeon lite? Defiantly not. :D

The differences between the Vista and Aeon are not grate but defiantly there, I don’t expect to hear a night and day difference between the two, but the Vista should better the Aeon. Given the price you paid for your pair of Aeons you should be vary happy with your purchase.

Last edited:
Zip3kx07 said:
the vista can play up to 23,000 compared to the Aeons 22,000.

If you can hear the difference between 22,000 and 23,000 Hz you win the all time "Golden Ears" award.... most of us are lucky to even hear more than from 12,000 to 15,000 Hz :)

But I remain unconvinced that the lower end will be as solid on the Vista as on the Aeon-I.... given the substantial weight difference and perhaps a heavier duty woofer on the Aeon-i!

Time will tell.... :rolleyes:

cvj said:
But I remain unconvinced that the lower end will be as solid on the Vista as on the Aeon-I.... given the substantial weight difference and perhaps a heavier duty woofer on the Aeon-i!

Weight difference?

The Aeon weights 55Lbs, the Vista weights 54Lbs. The woofers in both are basically the same. What weight difference are you talking about?

If you can hear the difference between a 55Lbs cabinet and a 54Lbs cabinet you win the all time "Golden Ears" award.... most of us are lucky to even hear a one pound difference in cabinet weight :)

Last edited:
Zip3kx07 said:
Weight difference?

The Aeon weights 55Lbs, the Vista weights 54Lbs. The woofers in both are basically the same. What weight difference are you talking about?

If you can hear the difference between a 55Lbs cabinet and a 54Lbs cabinet you win the all time "Golden Ears" award.... most of us are lucky to even hear a one pound difference in cabinet weight :)

I completely agree with Joe...

The Vista and its XStat should outperform the Aeon... it is NOT an Aeon lite by any stretch of the imagination. And I guarantee you wont need golden ears to hear the improvement.

Zip3kx07 said:
Weight difference?

Touche!!!

I must have been hallucinating about the weight difference...

Are you sure that the woofers are "basically" the same...(looking at my Aeon-i's woofer it has a shiny, metallic surface, so I assume it is an aluminum cone. What material is used for the Vista's woofer cone?)

In any event, I am looking forward to an A-B listening comparison at my local audio dealer (provided that he still has a pair of Aeon-i's on disply when the Vista arrives - perhaps an unlikely scenario).

cvj said:
Touche!!!

I must have been hallucinating about the weight difference...

Are you sure that the woofers are "basically" the same...(looking at my Aeon-i's woofer it has a shiny, metallic surface, so I assume it is an aluminum cone. What material is used for the Vista's woofer cone?)

In any event, I am looking forward to an A-B listening comparison at my local audio dealer (provided that he still has a pair of Aeon-i's on disply when the Vista arrives - perhaps an unlikely scenario).

Both speakers use 8" aluminum cone woofers. :)

If you get a chance you A-B both speakers, please post your thoughts here. Would be interested to read your thoughts on the two.

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
- No more "vertical arc" in front of panel where the tweeters sit as seen on the Cinema/Theater.... the tweeter will be BEHIND the panel itself... will look much better integrated, he says... FLUSH design!
The picture of Stage that is on the official site does indeed remind me about the Cinema, but with a smaller tweeter integrated in the concave "vertical arc" panel. And I thought they were going back to the Logos look...

new_product_stage.jpg

Well, I’m disappointed by the Stage for my application.

As the Center carries the majority of dialog and music for modern movies, it can’t be some 60% solution, it needs to have the same dynamics not just the same tonal qualities as the L/R.

My Logos is getting long in the tooth (I bought it in ‘94) and was hoping for a center that could better keep up with the Monoliths.
For $3500 (> the cost of a pair SL3’s back in the day), I’d expect something bigger / better. But then, they are constrained by the normal placement challenges of Centers in the average home.

I have a perforated screen with plenty of room behind it, so I could do something bigger.

Stay tuned for what I wind up doing to actually address this…

I guess the the proof will be in the listening. I thought that I would never consider a set of Summits, until I heard them with quality electronics in a room that I knew well. Well they sound really good and I am seriously considering a pair. Just trying to decide which speakers to use in the rear to replace my Stylos'.

Personally I think I will wait for the official unveiling of the stage before I pass judgment on a thumbnail image.

Estimated release of the stage is May/June, it shouldn’t be long before Martin Logan gives us more info.

Back