New CLS II panels playing nice!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightloopy

Reaction score
Installed the new panels today and I am just blown away. The volume difference between the panels is gone, the bass has filled up nicely, and a midrange that is organic, engaging and intimate and pristine highs. Using the VTL's with 225W triode which doesn't hurt.
This is out of the box with 10 minutes on the panels so we'll see how things go.
Even though the panel is pricey, if you get a bargain on a used CLS it is worth every penny. I am still amazed that there is factory support for a 30 year old speaker.
Martin Logan rules.

Attachments

• 20210313_173001.jpg
    20210313_173001.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 35
My new Prodigy panels are the same way. Only strange thing is Audyssey says the speakers are out of phase now. I don't know why. I just "ignored" it in the setup. They sound great.

Only strange thing is Audyssey says the speakers are out of phase now
Ignore it, it's either the reflected rear-wave confusing it or the fact that I think the Prodigies are one of the models where the woofers (or one woofer) are truly wired out of phase.

Mine opened up after 40 hours. I ran a break in disc for a few hours daily -- big noise sweep between 80 and 11,00K.
Even if you have a sub, run them FULL spectrum. It's like ------- warm dark chocolate. Time to set toe-in!
🍩

Ah the chocolate tower. Thanks for the tips-I look forward to hearing how these blossom. Placement will also be fun as small degree changes seem to give dramatic changes.
Thanks!

Ignore it, it's either the reflected rear-wave confusing it or the fact that I think the Prodigies are one of the models where the woofers (or one woofer) are truly wired out of phase.
Its not the woofers, because it didn't happen before I got the new panels. Guess it's the wave. My old panels must have been so dull that it didn't happen!

Back