NEW ARC PreAmps Coming !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
For those on the Forum that are ARC fans, and I assume there are more than Dan(DTB300) and myself I was told that ARC will be coming out on or before April 1st with a New LS-26 as well as a upgraded SP-16 possibly MKII ?? Supposedly the "26" will fall sonically between the Ref 2 and Ref 3 but will resemble the Ref 3 in appearence, while the upgraded "16" will have improved volume attenuation.

Anybody else with info please chime in keep all us "ARC" folks up-to-date !!

Thanks !

For further info, connect to arcdb.ws. This website always mananges to scoop others for info on ARC. The new phono pre (the PH7) was listed here weeks ago and hasn't even appeared officially. BTW, I'm picking mine up tomorrow!

aliveatfive said:
For further info, connect to arcdb.ws. This website always mananges to scoop others for info on ARC. The new phono pre (the PH7) was listed here weeks ago and hasn't even appeared officially. BTW, I'm picking mine up tomorrow!
Congrats on the new PH-7 purchased, I'd love to hear your comments on it after it is up and running. Also I appreciate the info on the AR Database site, I was not aware of it.

Thanks again!!

Products page:
http://www.audioresearch.com/products.html

New products:
http://www.audioresearch.com/newproducts.html

I like this tower of power.:)

http://www.audioresearch.com/ref610T.html
ref610T-test4.jpg

That will keep you warm on a cold night. :D

So where are these new things you are talking about?

twich54 said:
Congrats on the new PH-7 purchased, I'd love to hear your comments on it after it is up and running. Also I appreciate the info on the AR Database site, I was not aware of it.

Thanks again!!

Just got it home and plugged it in. It has been running for about an hour now. I just put on a re-mastered copy of Queen's "A Night At the Opera." So far: Vocals are natural with no spitty siblants. Separation is amazing - best I've heard in this system. Volume has to be juiced because this pre has less gain than what I used previously. So far so good. I'll post further as it breaks in.

aliveatfive said:
Just got it home and plugged it in. It has been running for about an hour now. I just put on a re-mastered copy of Queen's "A Night At the Opera." So far: Vocals are natural with no spitty siblants. Separation is amazing - best I've heard in this system. Volume has to be juiced because this pre has less gain than what I used previously. So far so good. I'll post further as it breaks in.
sounds good !! keep us updated after break-in, going to Overture tomorrow to check on the timing of the LS-26 arrival.

Accoding to the front panel "hours of use," I now have about 30 hours on this thing. The old audio cliche " I played as many records as I could" is really true. I keep playing lps to try to discover faults. The thing is, for the first time playing records, I can't really hear anything wrong. I've used (in the past) the ARC PH 1, the Herron, the Whest, and I could hear deficiencies on all of them. On this piece of equipment, I think I can really hear what's on the vinyl for the first time. The latest discovery: all the reissues of the old RCA catalogue on the Classic label. Mnay of them sound really good!

Aliveatfive, I felt the same way when I first hooked up my PH5. arc are on to something with this generation of preamps. Within the first ten seconds of playing the Ref 3 I was smitten and remain so! It will take about 75 hours before it begins to really bloom.

Just got done sitting down with Terry @ Overture today, he expects to have an LS-26 on the property within three weeks. He has listened to it personally and states that it is ever so close to the Ref3 in it's sonic signature that anybody on the fence as to the purchase of a used Ref2 should really hold off and give it an audition when it arrives......ah, and I was just getting ready to "roll" in some different 12AX7's in my SP-16 !

twich, I got to hear a used 16 when I bought my LS25II. Big difference in the size of the soundstage, more but tighter bass and that wonderful arc bloom. I think you will love the LS26 if it sounds anything like the Ref 3. You are not going to believe the amount of S P A C E between the performers and the fantastic depth, width and height of the soundstage.

Great news! It's too bad the LS-25's couldn't be updated to 26 status. :(

Who ever gets to hear it first please post your thoughts.

Latest posts

Back