New ARC amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Hi guys and gal(s) -

Just got back from 2 1/2 weeks in Seattle and British Columbia. Not much in the way of audio that I saw up there. I did see earlier today on the ARC database website (arcdb.ws) that the corporation is about to start shipping a smaller version of the REF 210. The new amp, called the REF 110, will not be a pair of monoblocks, but a stereo unit. It will have 4 pairs of 6550s and 2 6H30s. The price will be just under 10 grand. I wonder how it'd sound on my Summits compared to my ARV VT 100 III?

Robin said:
aliveatfive,

;) The ARC - REF 110 monos are 110 Watts each correct?

Actually Robin the new REF 110 is a "stereo" amp, that demensionally is the same as one of the REF 210 mono units. It is 110 watts stereo. I plan on listening to one as soon as Overture gets one "warmed up and burnt in". It will have it's work cut out to wow me beyond what my Plinius is able to do though.

BTW I saw the new STAGE today, I don't think it is that ugly in person, it complements the Summitt / Vantage quite well. They were literally unpacking from the box while I was there. I'll give iy a listen in the next couple of weeks, Hey Dan(DTB300) any chance of being in the Wilmington area early - mid July???
We could have lunch and check out the new toys @ Overture.

Last edited:
twich54 said:
Hey Dan(DTB300) any chance of being in the Wilmington area early - mid July??? We could have lunch and check out the new toys @ Overture.
Could be a possibility...I will keep it in mind to try to get a weekday to drive up there for a few hours.

Dan

DTB300 said:
Could be a possibility...I will keep it in mind to try to get a weekday to drive up there for a few hours.

Dan

Sounds good, I'll PM you after I return from a business trip on the 11th to see what we can plan from there.

Latest posts

Back