New Apogee Loudspeaker - Advance 7

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
A new Apogee loudspeaker has been announced, built by Graham Keet in Australia. Graham has been making Apogee ribbons since the original company's demise, and has made various complete Apogee speakers too e.g. Synergy and Definitive.

There is a pair coming to the UK soon that I expect I will get to hear. Will keep you posted.

Here's a bit more info - the release notice from the Apogee forum:

"Like two full moons a new Apogee Acoustics speaker is a rare event, certainly less than frequent. With original Apogee's being expertly restored by our Installer-partners around the world, the demand for Apogee's is still being expertly met, with classic original speakers being lovingly restored for existing or new owners. BUT, once in a while an all new 'what if” creation just has to see the light of day, or twilight of the listening room!!

Announcing the new speaker from Apogee Acoustics, the Duetta Advance 7. In the past there have been six Apogee Duetta descendants, this being the seventh is something special. This is certainly my longest considered and tested design, by far. Designed to meet and surpass the requirements of familiar long term owners of real Apogee speakers, the new Duetta Advance 7 incorporates much innovation. Retaining the Apogee trademark aesthetics, the familiar face hides the tightest tolerance cnc engineered chassis, internals, and casing. The Duetta Advance 7 is made to a new level of structural strength way beyond any commercially made planar speaker to date, including all previous production Apogee's past and present. Made from new materials that will not fail in difficult climates, impervious to tropical humidity. There are no penalties for this strength – the Duetta Advance 7 retains the delightful simplicity of previous Apogee looks, with several hundred percent more rigidity where it counts!

And naturally, the ribbons feature new absolutely accurate cnc engineered XLM5.5 and KLM1 technology, to suit the uprated design. Exterior passive or optional configured active crossover versions available to order. Load is a genuine healthy 4 ohms nominal, efficiency to a level where a quality hundred watt amplifier is comfortable!

Such speakers are for the more committed audiophile - more details will follow : )"

Roberto please npte - these are immune to tropical climates. However, they will, I am lead to believe, cost rather more than the CLX does.

Be rude not to Adam if he'll let a man off the street in:) I've never heard a report of anyone having paid a visit apart from an amplifier maker.

I think they'll be interesting to hear - from what I have heard they are extremely well made.

So if you manage it before I do please report!:)

Back