New amp for my ML CLX Art speakers!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul172

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members,

Recently upgraded my amps to PS Audio M1200 mono class d amps with a tube input on each. The sound is fantastic and it’s amazing the endless headroom and dynamics these amps drive into these speakers! Very pleased with the sound!

Curious what you were using prior and what about it pushed you to big power PS Audio? I’m running my CLX with Pass.

I was actually using PS class D mono amps before the M700’s and enjoyed them. I was intrigued with the M1200‘s power and also class A tube input stage! The sound is fantastic! I was considering the BHK 300’s but they are out if my price range. I got a great deal at the music room on this pre owned pair of M1200’s. I’m using all PS Audio equipment in my system and I’m very pleased with the dollar per value performance! I run a BHK preamp and a Directstream DAC with the M1200’s. I prefer mono amps because I run very short speaker cable with long XLR‘s to amps so stereo amps won‘t work.

I have also just picked up a new pair of the M1200s for my Summits. They replaced a NAD M22. I am getting another octave out of the bottom end and the midrange is detailed yet smooth. They are also more forward. I get a bunch more floor movement which I love. I did 300 hour break-in. I did PS Audios trade in deal. A wonderful program.

I have also just picked up a new pair of the M1200s for my Summits. They replaced a NAD M22. I am getting another octave out of the bottom end and the midrange is detailed yet smooth. They are also more forward. I get a bunch more floor movement which I love. I did 300 hour break-in. I did PS Audios trade in deal. A wonderful program.
The M1200’s are great at extracting all the details from your music!

Back