New addition to the Family !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin said:
As you know, Joey is studying to be a physician, so he now has taken to self-administering his Ramen - Intra Vieniously (IV), as he listens to Class "A" Rotel sound...
I hope you mean "Good Sound" for your Class "A" statement. Class A that Twich (Dave), Kwr (Kevin), and myself have been discussing refers to the biasing of the amplifier and how the ouput section operates. For a good amp better to call it a higher level quality amp instead of Class "A" not to confuse people.

Dan

I didnt think that Rotel was a Class A amp... I thought the 1090 has about like what.... maybe 10-15 watts of pure Class A?

I talked to Dave today via phone and will be putting my deposit in for the 1090. It's gonna be another hit on the wallet so I'm going to do a little recalculation of my finances and my incoming funds to see what I can do with my acquisition of my ultimate Rotel amp.

I just dont want this one to slip my fingers again.... I've had 2 chances to pick up a 1090 before and both times, I wasnt able to complete the transaction. I am really really going to try and complete this one.

I'm going to see if the gf can help me out with an early birthday present....

As for the Plinius, that is ONE FINE amp. I wish I could hear it and I wish I could afford it, but looking at my system right now, there is no way I can get a used Plinius and pair it with a justified preamp... I'd have to do Ramen for a year!

BTW, I've moved on to sandwiches... apparently, it's got less sodium than Ramen and are pretty cheap. It's good though, I think I'm a little healthier now than before since I eat out only half as much.

I must give a shoutout to my girlfriend (Melissa) though... she has been a great supporter and has bought me food and taken me out to dinner during this financially sad time of my life.. lol. :D

Joey_V said:
I didnt think that Rotel was a Class A amp... I thought the 1090 has about like what.... maybe 10-15 watts of pure Class A?
I believe it is just A/B...but still a good amp - it will be a great addition for you.

I talked to Dave today via phone and will be putting my deposit in for the 1090. It's gonna be another hit on the wallet so I'm going to do a little recalculation of my finances and my incoming funds to see what I can do with my acquisition of my ultimate Rotel amp.
But now you will be set for a time and be able to sit back and enjoy good tunes with your Ramen and Melissa

BTW, I've moved on to sandwiches... apparently, it's got less sodium than Ramen and are pretty cheap. It's good though, I think I'm a little healthier now than before since I eat out only half as much.
Good news...Being an old expert on Ramen...just cut back on the little seasoning packet amount, and your sodium intake will be less.

Dan

Last edited:
Joey_V said:

Sandwiches...lol. That's definitely an upgrade comensurate with the new Rotel, not the processed cheese dip ;)

joey, you crack me up man! the question is will you live 'paycheck to paycheck' when you are actually a Dr... and if so -- what kind of crazy system would you have then!
ah, and this message is sent from turkey, i just a few K miles away from my ascent's -- we need to get some more representation out here

Back