• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEEDED: ML VISTA 8" (20.3cm) high excursion speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitelli30

Reaction score
I have a blown 8" woofer in my ML Vista. ML no longer has this speaker in production. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get one, or a compatible substitute?

Yep, thats what I paid a couple years ago when i bought one. They're out of inventory and don't intend to manufacture them any more. They said they were going to get back to me with a substitute brand.

Hola Vitelli30,

Martin Logan does not make any woofer. A substitute will work with no problem. Wait for their advice. Also, there are repair speakers shops, where they change the coil or the woofer suspension. The coil is an exact replacement with the specs of the coil. Do a Google search for woofer repairs and that's it.

Provide the brand and model of the woofer and ask a quotation.

Happy listening

Hola Vitelli30,

Martin Logan does not make any woofer. A substitute will work with no problem. Wait for their advice. Also, there are repair speakers shops, where they change the coil or the woofer suspension. The coil is an exact replacement with the specs of the coil. Do a Google search for woofer repairs and that's it.

Provide the brand and model of the woofer and ask a quotation.

Happy listening
If he replaces the entire woofer, wouldn't it be best to change out the other one too even though its not broken? Just curious to see what your opinion is.

Thanks Roberto, good idea. Robert-I discovered the one was blown when I finally replaced the other one and noticed a drastic difference in how they sounded. I just hadn't gotten around to replacing it until the power supply blew and I needed to open it up anyway.

Back