Need help on decision fast! (warning..lots of questions)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pabxmafia

Hello all! I am in the process of buying my first setup of speakers..Only thing is...I need help on deciding what speakers to get..I know everyone on the forum has a better idea on what would make a nice system and I know in the end..its still my decision...but some helpfull info and feedback will be TRULY apperciated...Here are the setups i'm trying to decide on in the next 2 days..

#1-Clarity (fronts), fresco's (rears), Cinema i (center)
#2-Ascent i or Aeon i (fronts), clarity (rears), Cinema i (center)
#3-Clarity (fronts), Script's (rears), Cinema i (center)

Please let me know what you think of the combinations and which fronts and rears I should get..Also help on any other possible combinations with speakers above..The Accent i's and Aeon i's are on my watched list for ebay...The claritys are coming from tweeter for $1400.00 a pair (closeout at tweeter)..The Fresco's are going for 650.00 a pair (also at tweeter)..and the scripts (not the i's) will be coming from my brother in Chicago in exchange for my 23" sony LCD..Plus...i'm curious on what the difference is between the scripts and script i's, cinema and cinema i's because my bro has the scripts and the cinema and I want to know if there is a big enough difference between the first versions and the "i's" so I can save some money on the center and rears without having to buy the i versions...Thanks A Lot...! I know I have a lot of questions but I just want to make sure that I get the most ideal system for the money..Also..When I put my system together, I will most certainly post the pics up to show how much I apperciated the help...THANKS AGAIN!! Your help is truly appreciated!

P.S.-
Here are the links to the speakers on ebay..let me know if its worth my time bidding...Thanks!

Aeon i- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5862222329&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Accent i- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861441164&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Last edited:
pabxmafia said:
Hello all! I am in the process of buying my first setup of speakers..Only thing is...I need help on deciding what speakers to get..I know everyone on the forum has a better idea on what would make a nice system and I know in the end..its still my decision...but some helpfull info and feedback will be TRULY apperciated...Here are the setups i'm trying to decide on in the next 2 days..

#1-Clarity (fronts), fresco's (rears), Cinema i (center)
#2-Ascent i or Aeon i (fronts), clarity (rears), Cinema i (center)
#3-Clarity (fronts), Script's (rears), Cinema i (center)

Please let me know what you think of the combinations and which fronts and rears I should get..Also help on any other possible combinations with speakers above..The Accent i's and Aeon i's are on my watched list for ebay...The claritys are coming from tweeter for $1400.00 a pair (closeout at tweeter)..The Fresco's are going for 650.00 a pair (also at tweeter)..and the scripts (not the i's) will be coming from my brother in Chicago in exchange for my 23" sony LCD..Plus...i'm curious on what the difference is between the scripts and script i's, cinema and cinema i's because my bro has the scripts and the cinema and I want to know if there is a big enough difference between the first versions and the "i's" so I can save some money on the center and rears without having to buy the i versions...Thanks A Lot...! I know I have a lot of questions but I just want to make sure that I get the most ideal system for the money..Also..When I put my system together, I will most certainly post the pics up to show how much I apperciated the help...THANKS AGAIN!! Your help is truly appreciated!

P.S.-
Here are the links to the speakers on ebay..let me know if its worth my time bidding...Thanks!

Aeon i- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5862222329&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Accent i- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861441164&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Hola and welcome to the club. If I were you, No. 2 is the best...Ascent i front, Cinema i at center and Clarity at rears...boy, that will sound the best...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

roberto said:
Hola and welcome to the club. If I were you, No. 2 is the best...Ascent i front, Cinema i at center and Clarity at rears...boy, that will sound the best...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

I totally agree!!!

Ascent i and Clarity...

pabxmafia,

Welcome to the ML Club!

If given only the choices in your post, I would have to choose #2.

However with no restrictions and given the speakers you are concidering, IMHO I recommend Ascent i's (fronts) and Clarity's (as temporary center and suround) then save up and as soon as you are able purchase a ML Stage or Theater i. After purchasing the bigger center you could rotate your Clarity's to the surround position. :) Then I would start saving again for a Descent subwoofer... ;)
HTH

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone! Quick Question...

Were you guys able to check out the ebay prices? You think that I should bid on them or should I save up and buy new ones? Which ones are supposed to be better? The aeon i's or the accent i's....Is there any difference between the the first aeon's and accents? Do you guys think the claritys would sound better as rears than the scripts, and fresco's? If anything..if I cant get my hands on the aeon's or accents right away...how would a clarity (fronts), cinema (center) sound? Only decision from there would be which to use as surrounds...frescos, scripts, or mosaics (tweeter closeout).. Thanks you guys!

Last edited:
I Started with #1 and it was an excellent system for both music and HT. When I got the prodigy's I moved the clarities to the rear and felt they were totally wasted there.
I since moved them to a 2 ch BR setup and went with frescos for the back duties. Most rooms don't have the space needed off the walls for clarities in the rear but if you have the space and no obstacles in the way...

Back