Need Help Deciding (ESL9 / 11A / 13A)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 13a as main speakers and a single bf212.
I have copious amounts of very deep tuneful bass. I have the bass speaker smack bang in between the main speakers. The bass is seamless I can’t in my room see any benefit from more subs but????
Thats what I thought until I added a 2nd sub. The new 21 inch sub is in the front right corner where my old sub was and I moved the ML BF210 to right behind the sofa for nearfield. The sound is much improved.

Thats what I thought until I added a 2nd sub. The new 21 inch sub is in the front right corner where my old sub was and I moved the ML BF210 to right behind the sofa for nearfield. The sound is much improved.
Mmm I have 15as coming will be interesting to see how the sound is after I bed them in.
I could squeeze another 210 in lol

Mmm I have 15as coming will be interesting to see how the sound is after I bed them in.
I could squeeze another 210 in lol
Adding the 2nd sub was surprisingly easy too. I just used Audyssey to integrate them and it worked well. I'm unable to tell where the subs are and they sound fully integrated with all of my other speakers. I'm running 11 channel Atmos. It sounds like just one sub. I was worried I'd be able to hear the bass coming from 2 different places, but that's not an issue. I'm using one ML BF 210 and a Power Sound Audio 21 inch sub too ,so totally different designs. Both are sealed. I think it's important to have the same basic box design.
This is my new sub.
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/s2112m-new

I'm guessing you had some old school fronts before this? What were they and how was the improvement?
You guessed correctly, I had a pair of Ascent for the fronts. It was time to either man up and replace the panels or get some new tech. I let my ears decide after numerous visits to a local listening room. 👍 The improvement was quite surprising initially, as the Ascents still performed “pretty well”. I brought my source material when auditioning i the form of a portable FLAC player, to ensure familiarity with the music. If the budget would have allowed it, I’d have a pair of 13a downstairs... 😎

Last edited:
Back