Nativ Sound - opinions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
While attending a demo of the Maggie 30.7's earlier this week I got chatting with a fellow touting the virtues of the Native Vita High Res music server.

https://www.nativsound.com/en/music-server

thoughts / opinions as compared to other options out there ??

Never heard of them but it looks interesting. I am trying to decide if I want to go the music streaming route and have endless choice of music. Let us know what you think if you move forward.

How did the 30.7 sound. I went to a demo here in January and it was much less than I had expected. The bass panels were set up inside the hi frequency panels and the sound stage started at about 6' in height and went up from there. Very strange.

Honestly Dave -

My setup is a windows laptop w jriver plus terabytes of disk connected with a simple powered usb hub. I have a great usb cable with a wyred 4 sound recovery into my ps audio direct stream. The sound is fantastic. I have on order a matrix x-spidf 2 which is a usb to I2S converter/ reclocker /galvanic isolator. My DS has I2S inputs and the unit supposedly bumps up the sound quality some more given many reports on several sites. I’ll report back on it when I get it.

I am not interested in renting my music or the software to play it.

Last edited:
While attending a demo of the Maggie 30.7's earlier this week I got chatting with a fellow touting the virtues of the Native Vita High Res music server.

https://www.nativsound.com/en/music-server

thoughts / opinions as compared to other options out there ??

Looks interesting. Seems to be all about the screen size and its novel look. Although it does click off some of the things that a music server should have multiple inputs, DSD capable and size of storage. I question how to really use it. It shows it on the wood block stand yet the ports come out the bottom seems awkward to say the least. It has a remote control but you would have to read it from a distance to select the next track or search Tidal for a new one to listen too.
To me Aurender is the real deal if anyone is interested in a all inclusive music server. At its core the SSD drive, exacting clock, in my opinion much more robust electronics and iPad control at your finger tips are just some of the features that separate them from the competition. Beyond that the sound is so much better then a computer my guess is any Aurender would sound better then this device some considerably.

As far as Brad's comments - "Never heard of them but it looks interesting. I am trying to decide if I want to go the music streaming route and have endless choice of music. Let us know what you think if you move forward". I'm beyond happy with streaming but like Brad took awhile to try it out. Its one of those things you can't do part way you are either in or out. The pure convenience of creating a multi-source playlist from internal tracks and web tracks is quite engaging. Just sitting down to listen with no disc or LP swapping is hard to imagine until you are doing just that. It's the difference between a real fire place and a gas one. What a pain real fire places are and how convenient gas is. And just like gas fireplaces streaming and digital in general is becoming very close actually very close to the real thing.

all good thoughts gents, thanks !

being the Neanderthal that I am I continue on with my physical media, but someday ..........

Never heard of them but it looks interesting. I am trying to decide if I want to go the music streaming route and have endless choice of music. Let us know what you think if you move forward.

How did the 30.7 sound. I went to a demo here in January and it was much less than I had expected. The bass panels were set up inside the hi frequency panels and the sound stage started at about 6' in height and went up from there. Very strange.

Brad, the 30.7's sounded fantastic. Wendell Diller along with his wife (the golden ears of the pair) were present for the set-up / demo. Bass panels were outboard in a 19' x 29' plus room. While the sweet spot was 'best' the sound was engaging everywhere !

Brad, the 30.7's sounded fantastic. Wendell Diller along with his wife (the golden ears of the pair) were present for the set-up / demo. Bass panels were outboard in a 19' x 29' plus room. While the sweet spot was 'best' the sound was engaging everywhere !

That is good to hear Dave. I felt bad for Wendell, though it was his set up. I would try another audition given the opportunity.

As far as Brad's comments - "Never heard of them but it looks interesting. I am trying to decide if I want to go the music streaming route and have endless choice of music. Let us know what you think if you move forward". I'm beyond happy with streaming but like Brad took awhile to try it out. Its one of those things you can't do part way you are either in or out. The pure convenience of creating a multi-source playlist from internal tracks and web tracks is quite engaging. Just sitting down to listen with no disc or LP swapping is hard to imagine until you are doing just that. It's the difference between a real fire place and a gas one. What a pain real fire places are and how convenient gas is. And just like gas fireplaces streaming and digital in general is becoming very close actually very close to the real thing.

Mike I was referring to streaming Tidal or Qobuz. I have been streaming my music for a few years. I agree the convince is well worth it and the sound quality is wonderful.

I was in touch with Andreas Koch last week about a clock upgrade for my MPS-5.
He mentioned they are bringing out a new Asynchronous Interface with software download. It is the end point for Tidal, Qobuz and Roon. I was planing to also upgrade to their newest interface so this may be the direction I move in.

As for gas over wood in the fireplace, give me wood or seal up the opening. :)

The Nativ devices are great looking. That said, I'd rather have a headless device with a control app.

Lately I've been OPPO streaming Tidal for specific plays WITH GAPS! which I hate but can't avoid apparently, and Pandora for mindless "radio-like" continuous play.

Back