My system (jtucker)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtucker

Reaction score
MY system:
DSC_2232.JPG

ML Montis in bubinga wood
Pass Labs INT-150
Oppo UDP-205 transport and DAC
Squeezebox Touch with enhanced digital output streamer

Reactions: STV
very nice jt, now, about those reflections !

When we moved here, I thought the room was going to be a big issue. The sound is surprisingly very good with what I would describe as a wide and deep soundstage. Bass room nodes are probably very low frequency. Any kind of room treatments will immediately fail WAF, so its a good thing I am happy with the sound. I have been toying with speaker placement. I thought I would prefer them farther out into the room, but for whatever reason this seems the best placement.

What kind of flooring is that? Wondering how sound reflects off of that. My setup is in a room with hardwood and its really not bad at all. In the basement I have that new "luxury" vinyl planking and the noise seems a lot worse.

Beautiful, but I gotta believe a thick rug would really help. And some absorption panels behind each speaker as well. Nice system!

Beautiful, but I gotta believe a thick rug would really help. And some absorption panels behind each speaker as well. Nice system!
Unfortunately, room treatments are not an option for me. I have the speakers positioned so that I get "optimal" mix of direct and reflected sound at what sounds to me the proper ratio/timing. I have owned several other different planar and dipole speakers (not in this home) and faced similar placement issues.

Back