My Summit pics... finally...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Presenting: The MOST POWERFUL Computer Speaker setup in the WORLD!!!

That's right.. the most powerful and transparent computer speaker setup in the world! Am I crazy? Perhaps.

Ok ok.... it's been over a month now and I havent posted any pics of my system, so here it is.

Out the box.... I'm free!
DSC00310.jpg

I'm in love with a stripper....
DSC00317.jpg

So that's what it looks like under that dress... check out that BEAUTIFUL VENEER!!! WOOT!
DSC00319.jpg

Two Summits walking into my room... what a bunch of bullies! Look at the books cower in fear! Those spikes are SHARP!
DSC00320.jpg

Last edited:
The room's fallen apart! The room's not worthy of the Summits' presence!
DSC00322.jpg

Svelte, eh?!
DSC00314.jpg

Right side view:
DSC00344.jpg

Left side view:
DSC00339.jpg

The panel.... it's almost invisible... RAZOR THIN!
DSC00340.jpg

Same cheap chair with Rotel remote... notice the tape on the floor signifying the center spot...
DSC00347.jpg

My favorite pic.... the sweetspot from the sweet Summit.
DSC00352.jpg

The front stage.... the silver matches with a LOT of things! Cool!
DSC00342.jpg

Last edited:
A few words...

Summits.... very picky regarding placements. However, once setup properly, they are absolutely heavenly. I'm playing with tilting the speakers a little forward at the moment, I feel that I'm getting there.

I wish I didnt have that whole computer in the center, it just messes with the whole frontstage - and ruins the mood at times. I'm going to try to set these Summits up in my living room next year (moving to a single bedroom with a living room next year (no roommate next year).... and have my PC in my bedroom - separate from the speakers.

I'll try to move up the amp chain and perhaps the source chain after the boards are over (post June 17)... looking forward to getting over that date!

I'll post impressions tomorrow or the next day.

Need to sleep for now, exam tomorrow at 1p.

Wish me luck! ;)

I just thought I'd post a few pics of how I started.... this is not all of them, I forgot to take pics of the Mosaic, among other speakers...

First setup:
7.jpg

First decent computer speakers... Klipsch 4.1 - the one that started the downward spiral!!
10.jpg

Added a 2nd sub... whoa! It begins!
12.jpg

Here we go... full Yamaha floorstanders setup (NS8390/NS7390)... I still remember the model numbers like they were yesterday. Yamaha receiver on far side of dorm room!
15.jpg

Uh oh... another upgrade bug!
20.jpg

The Axiom M22.
23.jpg

The Polk LSi7 - after the Axioms got demoted.
24.jpg

Yamaha NS777/NS333....
[No pic]

Polk LSi9! One of my favorites!
IMG_0925.jpg

Then....

Sonus Faber Conertino
[No pic]

Sonus Faber Concerto
[No pic]

Last edited:
Then..

Martin Logan Mosaic
[No pic]

Onix Reference 1
[Lost the pic]

Martin Logan Vantage
DSC00291.jpg

Martin Logan Vantage in BEM
[No Pic]

Martin Logan Summit:
DSC00339.jpg

Next?
;)

Joey finally posted pics of his summits? :eek: Someone pinch me I think I am asleep. :p

Looking good there kid.

What wood finish is that? Natural cherry?

What kind of headphones are those? My personal favorites are Beyerdynamic DT-880s. Amazing on female vocals.

Thanks for all the pics! Got me drooling for my own pair...when the finances and fiancee allow!

You need to remove the price tags from your torchirers
Leave them on...makes them easier to return when you don't need them anymore.

You need a bigger desk so you can properly display the ultimate computer speakers beside the monitor.

It must be difficult to use those headphones when you have a beautiful pair Summits staring at you.

Thanks for the pics. You're way ahead of your time. When I was your age I dreamed of owning a pair of Bose 901s. I eventually grew out of that phase.

Last edited:
Hola Joey...happy listening. In my system, if I toe them in, I´m more with the musicians, closer to them...first rods of the place...toe out, I´m at the back of the place...but still getting the right size of the instruments, air between them and great scenario. Depends a lot of the music material, and the recording too. Using the help of the masking tape, I have marked at my floor, several great listening points, and for particular special recordings. The truth is, with ML I almost lived every event again and again!!! Trial and error is the clue. Write in a notebook how the recording sound best for your liking, and keep it on hand...the speakers are not difficult to move around on it´s axis, so you can adjust the position easy. Perhaps this is a good tip for the crazy guys like me around! (lol) :D Again, happy listening!!!
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Summit Heaven on Earth!!!

Joey,

Halaluya!!! As I live and breathe.... :eek: I knew I would fininally see the day, Photo's of those wonderful Summits from the kid. Hey they look stunning. I'm serious Really beautiful! I am envious..., now you have me lusting after Summits. Excellent photo's by-the-way. I had never really seen an close-up shot of the underside or back of a Summit before, some folks might think that's WTMI, but I just love each photo. Thank you for sharing your joy with us, Joey... :D

Is the white plastic chair comfortable enought to consume large quanties of Ramen, while listening to the greatest speakers on the world? I think all us crazy ML members should chip in and buy you a Lay-Z-Boy recliner, with vibrator... :p :D

very nice, i was waiting to see them walk around your room - nice pics joe -- you know steve bachta or jeff lewis at school at all ?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yup yup... the Summits are liking it in my room - though I wish I had a larger listening space.

It's been a little rough lately, I finally got my first knock on the door the other day regarding volume level... oops, I got a little overzealous with the volume knob. Dave Matthews band has a way with turning up the volume...

Anyway, the veneer is Natural Cherry (but it looks a bit more "curled"). The guy before me special ordered these and asked for the best Natural Cherry veneer... so another plus for me!

These guys are great! I want to hear them with better amps and then move on the source upgrade. Soon soon.. I will pay Stesom (a local ML-phile) a visit (post-Boards) and listen to how the RB1070 stacks against his Classe and the Rotel RB1090... on his Summits. Should be fun!

"These guys are great! I want to hear them with better amps and then move on the source upgrade. Soon soon.. I will pay Stesom (a local ML-phile) a visit (post-Boards) and listen to how the RB1070 stacks against his Classe and the Rotel RB1090... on his Summits. Should be fun"!

Joey you are in real trouble once you've done that! ;)

Statman said:
"These guys are great! I want to hear them with better amps and then move on the source upgrade. Soon soon.. I will pay Stesom (a local ML-phile) a visit (post-Boards) and listen to how the RB1070 stacks against his Classe and the Rotel RB1090... on his Summits. Should be fun"!

Joey you are in real trouble once you've done that! ;)

It never ends. Hopefully we all find a period where we are happy with our systems and we just enjoy the music. Now I am dumping money into my new car since the stock sound system is made by Blose. It never ends.......Steve :D

Joey- Forget Rotel. Forget Classe.

You want VTL tube amps.

POWER...

Tubes...

and ML the perfect match.

tsd2005 said:
Joey- Forget Rotel. Forget Classe.

You want VTL tube amps.

POWER...

Tubes...

and ML the perfect match.

You have to at least try it! I think tubes are a better match for the Summit because it has the powered subs so you dont lose any control over the woofers, yet you can get that melty tuby goodness from the panels. Its a MUST listen for anyone with Logans. :)

tsd2005 said:
Joey- Forget Rotel. Forget Classe. You want VTL tube amps.
Maybe for the Summit they would sound good, but like Audiophiliac states you have to try it first to see if it is a match someone would like.

I tried VTL amps during my search (Stereo 85 & 150, and Mono 125) on my CLSIIz's and did not like them compared to what the Plinius SA-102 sounded like. The Plinius controlled the panels like no other amp I auditioned, and in Class A was just amazing.

But again each to their own and we all need to try before we buy...

Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back