My new Vignettes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinr

Reaction score
Check these out. I bought them a couple of weeks ago to match my ML Summits when I play movies. They are perfectly set up to give superb surround sound performance. I must say I am very pleased with them. Doubts that I may have had have vanished. They take a lot of power, go very loud, and are detailed enough not to be embarrased by the Summits.

Here's the pic...

Attachments

• Vignettes.jpg
    Vignettes.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 224
Looks good. How high up are they mounted and are they behind or to the sides of your listening area?

My Vignettes are mounted about 4 feet high as measured from the bottom of the cabinet. They are 7 feet apart measured from the inside edge of each cabinet - the same distance apart as my Summits. This positioning has resulted in a seamless wrap of sound when I'm watching movies.

It's good to hear that you are pleased with the Vignettes. I have a modest system and am contemplating adding one as a centre channel for my Clarity's. Audio Excellence, here in Toronto, is having an open house on Saturday so I'll head over and check out the Vignettes but probably spend more time lusting over the Vantage & Stage.

Wow, those things are WAY bigger than I thought they'd be.

I have SL3s but I think I'll go with a Fresco for a center instead of a Vignette.

I'm still gaga over the Script i for surround.

You mentioned size...so just in case you did not know...The Fresco is even larger than the Vignettes

Vignettes Size:
Dimensions Without Wall Bracket (HxWxD):
7.1875" × 19.5" × 4.5" (18.3 × 49.5 × 12.54 cm)

Fresco Size:
8.25" × 24" × 4.9375" (21.6 × 61 × 12.54 cm)

Information from the Martin Logan Site

Dan

You mentioned size...so just in case you did not know...The Fresco is even larger than the Vignettes

Vignettes Size:
7.1875" × 19.5" × 4.5" (18.3 × 49.5 × 12.54 cm)

Fresco Size:
8.25" × 24" × 4.9375" (21.6 × 61 × 12.54 cm)

Information from the Martin Logan Site

Dan

LOL, I saw the Fresco at BB/Magnolia and it seemed smaller than what I see in that picture ... Maybe it's just perception from the camera angle.

The Vignettes are VERY solidly built. Make no mistake, Martin Logan intends these not so little babies to keep up with any of the bigger ML main speakers. I found these speakers a bit bright when I first played them. But a few hours playing some bass heavy music loosened them up. They have surprising punch and could easily serve as main speakers. Actually before I hooked them up in their current position, I used them as front channels for a while. I could imagine they would make awesome sounds mated to a good subwoofer. Here's another pic which I took when I was laying out the cables.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 117
Back