My apartment setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the front, side and top sketches for what I have done so far. Nothing is final as of yet.
line array 1.png
Nice!

One suggestion, do not leave an air gap between the columns, as it becomes a 'tuned' vent. Some clearance will be required, of course, so plan on some T-Slot 'cover' to slide into it to close it off.

Nice!

One suggestion, do not leave an air gap between the columns, as it becomes a 'tuned' vent. Some clearance will be required, of course, so plan on some T-Slot 'cover' to slide into it to close it off.
The reason for the gap between the woofer tower and ESL panel is to help prevent the woofers from blowing the Mylar into the stators. This was recommended to me by the guy who designed this line array setup in the beginning.

It wouldn't exactly be much effort to make a block off plate to compare.

Tested both panels and power supplies tonight and verified all parts work fine. The little pioneer receiver makes some pretty bad sounds when direct driving ESLs, but it worked. I'll definitely be ordering some toroidal transformers to replace the originals, one of them looks like it was on fire.

I sent all the drawings for the panel frames out to laser this morning so I should have parts in about 2 weeks. I'll sort out woofers and the enclosure for them another day.

PXL_20220728_210357587.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was actually shopping for some 15" woofers the other day but everything is on hold.

Unfortunately my cat has become extremely ill and required 2 emergency blood transfusions last Sunday. I have been having horrible anxiety and stress over this entire situation all week and it looks like it will be a long road to recovery for her.

This project is on hold until I get my life back together. Thnx guys

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was actually shopping for some 15" woofers the other day but everything is on hold.

Unfortunately my cat has become extremely ill and required 2 emergency blood transfusions last Sunday. I have been having horrible anxiety and stress over this entire situation all week and it looks like it will be a long road to recovery for her.

This project is on hold until I get my life back together. Thnx guys
I hope she turns out ok! We lost one of our cats last year to colon cancer. He was only 5 years old. It was a terrible experience for the whole family. Then there is the vet bill. $3000 for exploratory surgery and the cat dies anyways.

Oh man Brandon we feel your pain here, we’re cat people too big time, they are family members for sure hope she improves soon, what does she have? We’ve lost 3 over the years one to kidney disease only 8 years old the other two in their upper teens. Keep us updated and hang in there!

Oh man Brandon we feel your pain here, we’re cat people too big time, they are family members for sure hope she improves soon, what does she have? We’ve lost 3 over the years one to kidney disease only 8 years old the other two in their upper teens. Keep us updated and hang in there!
Yeah it's rough, I have bloodwork booked for Wednesday morning and that will tell me more about how she's doing. Currently she's sleeping most of the time but at least she still perks up to go eat and use the litter box.

She has anemia, basically it makes your own body attack it's red blood cells. She's on a bunch of meds but getting her to take them is a huge struggle.

Yeah it's rough, I have bloodwork booked for Wednesday morning and that will tell me more about how she's doing. Currently she's sleeping most of the time but at least she still perks up to go eat and use the litter box.

She has anemia, basically it makes your own body attack it's red blood cells. She's on a bunch of meds but getting her to take them is a huge struggle.
Well it’s good that she perks up to eat and use the box! Anemia can have a lot of causes and yes the blood panel should give the vet a better idea as to the cause.

Wow, some sort of autoimmune disorder? Ive never heard of one that attacks the RBCs. I wonder if there is damage to other things as well. Drugs that perhaps suppress the immune system?

Thankfully our last cat here is doing great now. All three were Sphynx cats, the ones that are hairless. We have had 4 of them. Great breed, but their lifespans have been poor.

After the laser cutter ruined my first set set of panel stands my new ones got here faster than expected. I stayed for a bit after work and got them welded up for something to do.

Tomorrow I'm going to test fit the panels and maybe shop for some wood for the trim if I have time.
PXL_20220824_220216529.jpg

Since you can do metalwork, would you consider making your subs to be isobaric? Just asking. I always wanted to do that but I am not handy or skilled.

Since you can do metalwork, would you consider making your subs to be isobaric? Just asking. I always wanted to do that but I am not handy or skilled.
Are you talking about my stack of 4? If I did that I'd have to build all new enclosures and the subs would only be stacked 2 high.

I love my tower of power, best thing ever.

Latest posts

Back