My 1st ML system.(not counting AV system).

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oleg2043

Reaction score
ESL13s. For 2 channel audio.
F8871B9B-6E21-4672-8908-50BA3600241D.jpeg

Nice looking set up !

But ..........being one of the old farts around here and one which oversaw the old way of 'system posting' (which I still feel was best) may I suggest you give us an equipment listing of your fine looking set up !

Seeing that I'm a Plinius and ARC fan it's the proper thing to do ! :p

Nice system, good to see some treatments there as well.

With two subs, the ideal locations are one centered on the front wall and one centered on the rear wall (with appropriate delays).
Have you considered using that layout?

Nice looking set up !

But ..........being one of the old farts around here and one which oversaw the old way of 'system posting' (which I still feel was best) may I suggest you give us an equipment listing of your fine looking set up !

Seeing that I'm a Plinius and ARC fan it's the proper thing to do ! :p
Wouldn’t want to be improper. The Plinius amp is a modded SA250 mkIV. Preamp is ARC ref6, DAC, you’ve probably never heard of, a Czech company, SP Audio. Aurender N10 streamer. Analog side- Phase linear turntable,Marantz SA11S3 disc player. And the Rel S812 subs. Cabling, Audioquest, mostly Wild Blue Yonder line. That’s all i can think of.

Nice system, good to see some treatments there as well.

With two subs, the ideal locations are one centered on the front wall and one centered on the rear wall (with appropriate delays).
Have you considered using that layout?
Thanks for the suggestion. More room treatment on the way. I spent several months experimenting with different suggested placement options, including what you mentioned, and in the end , settled on this. Each placement modality had some strengths and some compromises, and for my listening preference, this was prefered.

Beautiful. Just wondering: don't the 13s already have copious deep bass? Do the subs really add that much in what seems like a small-to-medium-sized room? Just asking because I find the bass on my Summits (the old-fashioned version of the 13s) quite overpowering at times.

Thank you. The room is 17’x25’ x 13’ ceiling. I thought that the esl13s had good bass also. I was able to audition the subs for 2 weeks before buying and went back and forth with and without. The music seemed to have more presence and feeling of being in the room with the musicians. Sounds silly, i know. But several friends also listening to my system with and without the subs ended up buying them also. If the room is treated well for problematic bass issues, it can sound fantastic.

The room is 17’x25’ x 13’ ceiling
That is definitely big enough to require subs, not just for augmentation, but for modal distribution. Which why I'm surprised the arrangement pictured was preferred, but glad it's working for you.

Latest posts

Back