"Multi-Mono Block" amplifiers...?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Zaret said:
I have to go to Palm Desert tomorrow for a wedding and it is not mine
Yippeeeee
Palm Desert! Well if you go over to our Best buy or tweeter on Saturday you may find me lurking around before I go to work in the afternoon. :D

Robin said:
risabet,

You are referring to monoblock amps., for my Ascent i (Front speakers), correct? If so, thanks for the good advice. :) IMHO, I think, magnetic / electric interactions with the Anthem P5, are mute, as the Anthem P5, is so enormous and massive, it is said, to have it's own gravity... :D

Cheers

-Robin

He said "True mono's", he must me referring to the two channel big dogs, like Parasounds Halo JC-1’s. I like the idea of the P-5 five's independent cards with their own transformers; each card independently runs on its own. If you can get an amp to demo, go for it, the P2 is the same as the P5 only minus 3 channels (same chassis).

Anthem P2 demo...

Artar1, Dan and Joe,

Well, having asked the sales rep.'s, to demo his personal, Anthem P2, he agreed... We took it to my home, where we hooked it up... He would only agreed to let me demo it over night... So, I've been up all night, and now, I am finished with my demo...

I can honestly report that the, Anthem P2, is a fantastic amplifier. It hooked up to my system at home, with no problems. All I can say, about the sound quality and quantity is, WOW!!! and...., what a beautiful, transparent, and detailed sound, it was... The Anthem P2, is glorious sounding two channel amp. The P2, has, what can I say,... timber and balance,... that's it really. The tonal quality of the music, I played was excellent. The voices of my favorite singers, Natalie Cole, Patricia Barber and Eva Cassidy were smooth and sweet, as I've never heard before... My ML Ascent i's, were able to sing, and sing and sing for the first time, all night long... The Anthem P2, matted extremely well, with my (Processor) Pioneer VSX 59TXi. I did of course have to use my imagination, thinking of how this marvalous amplifier, would sound in a larger version - "Anthem P5"... Unfortunately, I'm really tired now, as I've been up all night listening and playing this great amp., but I thought, I'd communicate some of the experiance, with my loyal, audiophile brothers... :)

I should add, a special 'Thank you' to, Dan, for encouraging me to demo gear, at home, in my own system, before buying equipment. :D I had never done it before,... You were quite correct as usual, Thanks again, Dan. :)

and a big Thank you to, Joe, for - turning me on, to the "Anthem Statement P Series", and Martin Logan for their Ascent i's... :D

-Robin

Robin said:
I can honestly report that the, Anthem P2, is a fantastic amplifier. It hooked up to my system at home, with no problems. All I can say, about the sound quality and quantity is, WOW!!! and...., what a beautiful, transparent, and detailed sound, it was... The Anthem P2, is glorious sounding two channel amp. The P2, has, what can I say,... timber and balance,... that's it really. The tonal quality of the music, I played was excellent.

How cool....Great to see you were able to hear it at your home!! Now you have removed any of those doubts you may have had in spending a significant amount of your hard earned money on this piece of equipment. Well worth the lack of sleep to find out about the product :D

Kudos to the Sales Rep for stepping forward and getting the job done.

Dan

Last edited:
You know it’s a good peace of gear when you louse sleep over it. LOL :D

Glad you liked it Robin, hopefully I will get to play with one two. How was the bass from the Ascents? Was the P5 much difference compared to your receiver?

Their was no comparison...

Dan & Joe,

The Anthem P2, produced sounds on a range, scale and power, which was neutral, yet letting the natural music come through clearly, delicately, with sweet power.
The Anthem is truely, a sweet monster. I never had heard, this kind of sound before..., from my Pioneer VSX 59TXi amplifier or anywhere... IMHO, the Pioneer 59TXi, really works better as a processor, I can see that now. With the Anthem P2, their was depth, from the Ascent i's. The bass produced by the Ascent i's, was not boomy, but defined, clear and powerfully moving, bringing the Ascent i's to the maxium of their potencial... The Anthem P2, simply blew away, the Pioneer 59TXi amplifier...

My sleep pattern is now officially screwed-up, I'm not normally awake at 3:30 AM... Oh well, that's what happens, when I get excited about audio, sleep goes out the window.

Anyway, Thanks agian, gentlemen, for the kind encouragement and support. I'm in your debt. :)

-Robin

Hook, line & sinker!

Robin said:
Dan & Joe,

The Anthem P2, produced sounds on a range, scale and power, which was neutral, yet letting the natural music come through clearly, delicately, with sweet power.
The Anthem is truely, a sweet monster. I never had heard, this kind of sound before..., from my Pioneer VSX 59TXi amplifier or anywhere... IMHO, the Pioneer 59TXi, really works better as a processor, I can see that now. With the Anthem P2, their was depth, from the Ascent i's. The bass produced by the Ascent i's, was not boomy, but defined, clear and powerfully moving, bringing the Ascent i's to the maxium of their potencial... The Anthem P2, simply blew away, the Pioneer 59TXi amplifier...
Reading your descriptions, it sounds like you're well-positioned on the...slippery slopes into the high-end abyss! Just kidding.
My sleep pattern is now officially screwed-up, I'm not normally awake at 3:30 AM... Oh well, that's what happens, when I get excited about audio, sleep goes out the window.
Congratulations, you're now a card-carrying member audiofool, oops, I meant audiophile!
Anyway, Thanks agian, gentlemen, for the kind encouragement and support. I'm in your debt. :)
If you are not already in debt with your ML toys yet, you will be! Speaking from personal experience, of course :) But hey, it's great to see that you're enjoying your system immensely. That's the fun part.

Spike

Latest posts

Back