Multi-channel audio – still going strong

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, I am in!

No kidding, I will let you know when I find the right deal on CLXs.

Seriously, it is not a matter of if but just when it will happen.

Kind of like the Colts, it is not a matter of if they will lose a game just when they will lose a game.........or kind of like Brett Favre's retirement.........okay, maybe those are bad examples.:D

So, what are you doing with Multi-channel sound?

Buying any content? SACD, DVD-A, BluRay’s?

I now own 30+ SACD titles; with about 10 more on my wish list.

I really enjoy hearing the mix 360 degrees around me.

Lee

Multichannel is worth a try

I'm lucky enough to have a 5.1 theater room and a two channel room. Separate set-ups for separate needs. Built the theater for movies, with pretty good gear (Arcam, KEF, Oppo). Seemed reasonable to give multichannel music a try. I've got multichannel collections of Moody Blues, Genesis, Doors, Talking Heads and others. You gotta hear Dark Side of the Moon. I understand Wish You Were Here will be arriving in 2010. And yes the King Crimson and Porcupine Tree releases have to be heard. Like it or not, it offers consumers a different listening experience. If you've got the gear, give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

I agree with hope that Blu-ray will provide more titles / artists available on high end MC recordings... today, I find myself buying CDs where I would gladly pay the premium for the title in either SACD or DVD-A.

I fear for the future, when millions and millions of gen-x have been taught that IPod with ear buds and/or Bose are the ultimate in high end music experience

Back