Mr. Renaissance is in the House!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
Actually, they are in our insulated building while our custom home is being built. Going to be placed in a dedicated listening room. I had a pair of Summit X speakers previously. Thank's to Shawn Millin @ DaVinci Media!

ML.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, they are in our insulated building while our custom home is being built. Going to be placed in a dedicated listening room. I had a pair of Summit X speakers previously. Thank's to Shawn Millin @ DaVinci Media!

Shawn Millin is a great ML dealer to do business with for both new and used components. I just bought a pair of used Summit X speakers and a pair of new BalancedForce 210 subwoofers. He seems like he works 24/7 and is easy to contact.
You’re a lucky man to have Mr. Renaissance in the building!
View attachment 21441

I hope you can enjoy those soon George. Also , I definitely appreciate the good word. As a sole proprietor of a small business everyone heres support really matters more than I can ever say. Everyone’s support is so greatly appreciated, Thank you all again, Shawn

Maybe I should offer to pay to have them shipped to my house for the next couple months. I'll break 'em in for 'ya! My 13A's took over 130 hours for the panels to settle down, the woofers took about half that, and that was playing jazz music almost continuously for days peaking at 90dB during the daytime, and about 80dB at night playing soothing music. It'll take a lot longer at lower volume.

Maybe I should offer to pay to have them shipped to my house for the next couple months. I'll break 'em in for 'ya! My 13A's took over 130 hours for the panels to settle down, the woofers took about half that, and that was playing jazz music almost continuously for days peaking at 90dB during the daytime, and about 80dB at night playing soothing music. It'll take a lot longer at lower volume.
How does one know when the panels have broken in/settled down? Ive got new Prodigy panels and I wonder how I will know when it is done breaking in. What are the signs you look for?

How does one know when the panels have broken in/settled down? Ive got new Prodigy panels and I wonder how I will know when it is done breaking in. What are the signs you look for?
I documented the break-in process and logged the hours and the changes along the way. The first 3 days were virtually continuous with only music, so it was actually pretty easy to hear the changes. After about 80-90 hours, it was really down to just some key moments in some music I already knew would sound harsh if things aren't right. There is a "singing" high note in a Carlos Santana guitar solo that would "shriek" until the panels had enough hours, I think it stopped completely around 130 hours but had been lessening since 65 hours.

A lot of folks play pink noise or a "break-in" track, but I like to play music while I listen. I want to hear the changes and enjoy knowing how the process plays out. I found out when the panels settled down because I could hear it. I chose to check how things were going by playing about ten songs from a playlist periodically. The log can be found at:
New 13A's Arrived Early!

Back