Moving ML CLX’s

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul172

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the spot for this post but has anyone transported the ML CLX’s without the factory boxes? If so is it safe to transport on their sides or laying flat?
thanks for any advice on this.
Paul

Hola Paul,

On their sades is better. Use cushions and pillows to shim them. A van is much better than a car or a pick up. I am worry about rain or too much wind. You can warp them up and you are ready to go.

ML is sturdy. It is better on their sides because the will be almost even with the floor. If you put them Laying flat, a cushion at the top of the speakers to level them will do too. Good choice!

Happy listening!

Hola Paul,

On their sades is better. Use cushions and pillows to shim them. A van is much better than a car or a pick up. I am worry about rain or too much wind. You can warp them up and you are ready to go.

ML is sturdy. It is better on their sides because the will be almost even with the floor. If you put them Laying flat, a cushion at the top of the speakers to level them will do too. Good choice!

Happy listening!
[

Great practical advice. Great solution.

1596605930504.png
1596606004782.png

In the above pic, you can see the top of the CLXs, is like a strait line. On the Art model, is curved. The difference is just cosmetic, as far as I know.

Happy listening.

Yes. As far as I know same panels and electronics. The art uses different wood and curved shape.

Hola Paul...I am using a Gaia II feet in the CLXs. I am using them instead of the spikes. (https://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics-GAIA-Speaker-Feet-Chrome/dp/B01MSB75UD)
These feet have a patented pending and are safe with their weight. And really works fine with them.
These feet acts like a car's shock-absorber. The CLXs weight is 110 pounds, The Gaiga are OK up to 120 pounds.

Happy listening¡

I was using the Gaia 2 on the Odyssey’s. Same thread size so now they are on the CLX’s!

Hi Roberto. What thread does the CLX take for the Gaia, M8?
Hola Peacefulcargo,

What I did is that I went to a lathe house, (metal workshop) I really do not know the name of the working place, in Spanish is "taller industrial" where they have this lathe and they make any kind of metal work, starting with screws. I ordered 8 in Bronze. Here to do this job, it is not too expensive. I think that I paid circa $100.00 for the eight pieces. I took with me the spike of the CLXs, so I can insert these pieces with the right thread into the CLXs and at the other side, the thread for the Gaia II.

Happy listening!

Attachments

• IMG-3663.JPG
    IMG-3663.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back