Motion Vision X problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 50152

Reaction score
Howdy from Denver, Colorado! I picked up a used Motion Vision X for A/V use. It sounds great, but the wireless networking feature doesn't seem to work.
I'm an IT guy, no stranger to configuring and debugging Wifi :) I also am able to open it up, run a soldering station, check for wiring issues and so on.

The network button (farthest one to the rear, clear colored) doesn't light up no matter what, even when booting it up. Holding it down for 3 seconds results in "INITIAL" being displayed briefly. If I hold it down for another 8 seconds, I'll hear a quick "bloop" from the center channel speakers and that's it (no access point shows up in the list of available ones, display doesn't change).

Has anyone else here had the same or a similar problem with their Vision X?

I didn't get any additional information or help, so I decided to delve a little further without it. I removed the center speakers to gain access to some of the internals, loosened (but did not remove) the two electronics panels on either side, and gently moved all of the exposed wiring as well as slighly pulled out the panels. They don't move much because of the design, without removing harnesses.

Once I did the panels, I put them back in place and powered the Vision X up. The wifi button now lights up and was able to get a PHY connection on the wired ethernet port, as well as connect to the unit when it was in wifi AP mode. I'm suspecting that the network card wasn't getting power, and INITIAL was being displayed when the control circuitry couldn't talk to that part of the unit. However that's only conjecture.

In a nutshell, if anyone gets the same problem, suspect a loose internal wire/harness. If anyone gets any service data, please post it here - I may be able to track down the exact connection.

Latest posts

Back