Motion 60xt paired with Martin Logan Focus C18

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassHead916

Reaction score
Hello there guys, I am new to the forum but not to Martin Logan speakers. I currently own a pair of the Motion 60xt, and came across a great deal on a pre-owned Martin Logan Focus C18. My question is will these be a good match due the motion tweeters being the same? I understand that the perfect match would be the Motion 50xt, but I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for the Focus if they match up just as well, or close enough? Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Hello there guys, I am new to the forum but not to Martin Logan speakers. I currently own a pair of the Motion 60xt, and came across a great deal on a pre-owned Martin Logan Focus C18. My question is will these be a good match due the motion tweeters being the same? I understand that the perfect match would be the Motion 50xt, but I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for the Focus if they match up just as well, or close enough? Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Any advise guys?

It will depend on what you have to drive that center channel, the Electrostatic speakers are power (current actually) hungry, and the majority of receiver amps will not deal well with that load. If you have an Anthem or some other high-end receiver, preferably with class G or H power sections, then it might be OK.

If running a Denon / Marantz / Yamaha (all nice units, but amps not as beefy as needed for ESL), then I'd recommend the 50xt for both best match to the amp, but also to your speakers.

Latest posts

Back