Quantcast

Mosaics aren't even in yet, and I want Clarity!

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

R

Restless.Times

Guest
This site is a bad influence on me. I ordered my Mosaics and after reading several posts on this site, I already want to get the Clarity. Mind you I haven't even heard them, and I want them.

I think I need a 12 step program or something.
 

risabet

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
1,318
Reaction score
0
Location
SoCal
I bought the Clarity's after comparing both. I found that the C's were/are better in all aspects than the M's but YMMV. We all need a 12 step program :)
 
R

Restless.Times

Guest
risabet said:
I bought the Clarity's after comparing both. I found that the C's were/are better in all aspects than the M's but YMMV. We all need a 12 step program :)
there are a pair of Claritys on Audiogon for 1800, but I have already given my deposit to my dealer and he has ordered the Mosiacs.

I emailed the guy with the claritys and asked him to post pics, as of yet no response.
 

Munster

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
East Meadow, Long Island
Restless.Times said:
there are a pair of Claritys on Audiogon for 1800, but I have already given my deposit to my dealer and he has ordered the Mosiacs.

I emailed the guy with the claritys and asked him to post pics, as of yet no response.
Apparantly Joeyitis is contagious
 

Joey_V

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
4,379
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Munster said:
Apparantly Joeyitis is contagious
LOL!!!

That's a good one Munster!

Restless.Times said:
This site is a bad influence on me. I ordered my Mosaics and after reading several posts on this site, I already want to get the Clarity. Mind you I haven't even heard them, and I want them.

I think I need a 12 step program or something.
You better watch it man.. seriously! Guess where I started on the Logan trail.... yup, Mosaics. Guess where I ended..... that's right, Summits.

You know how long it took before this club killed my wallet? 6 months.

Damn this place!! :D
 

Joey_V

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
4,379
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Restless.Times said:
there are a pair of Claritys on Audiogon for 1800, but I have already given my deposit to my dealer and he has ordered the Mosiacs.

I emailed the guy with the claritys and asked him to post pics, as of yet no response.
Oh.. contact MediaDesign of Texas. They had a brand new Clarity for $1500 last time I checked. Talk to Brent Huskins, he's the go-to guy. He's real busy and wont really answer his emails but he is definitely willing to talk. If not him, talk to anyone and ask about if they have an "ML Clarity on the inventory overstock".... if they do, the price quote given to me 2 months ago was $1500.

Note, this is an authorized dealer and you will get full warranty.

Here's the info:
Brent Huskins
Media Design
HTGuide Sponsor
817.300.1223

Joey
 
R

Restless.Times

Guest
Even though it is Sunday, I just left a voice mail and sent an email. If he has them I will buy them.

Not sure how my dealer will handle the deposit on the Mosiacs. Probably a store credit, I know they don't give cash back.
 

Craig

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1
Location
U.S.
there are a pair of Claritys on Audiogon for 1800,
Why buy Claritys on Audiogon for 1800 when you can get Ascents for 1900? But then there is the shipping factor.
 

mrmike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Forget the Clarity's...

... and go for the Aeon i's! I too set out to buy the Mosaics for 2K. After spending a couple hrs comparing them to other 2K speakers I almost took them home but at the last minute decided to listen to the Clarity's in the "other" room. Needless to say I took the Clarity's home.

Three weeks later Magnolia has a sale on Aeon i and well .....you know what happens next.

Mosaics 2K, Aeon i 2.5k. Beg, borrow or steal the extra $500. :)
 

Joey_V

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
4,379
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Restless.Times said:
Even though it is Sunday, I just left a voice mail and sent an email. If he has them I will buy them.

Not sure how my dealer will handle the deposit on the Mosiacs. Probably a store credit, I know they don't give cash back.
Good luck Restless.. keep us informed! ;)
 
R

Restless.Times

Guest
Well I got an email from Hoskins, he doesn't have any Claritys but he does have Vantage for $3,750 plus shipping. I DO NOT want to spend that much.

I love music as much as the next guy but I CAN NOT see myself paying over 2K for speakers. EVER!!!!!

Actually I am now rethinking giving the $300 deposit for the Mosaics, which I got for $1,600 (B Stock from ML with warranty)
 

twich54

Forum Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
31
Location
SE Pa
Restless.Times said:
Well I got an email from Hoskins, he doesn't have any Claritys but he does have Vantage for $3,750 plus shipping. I DO NOT want to spend that much.



$3750 !!!! Wow if thats a new pair from an authorized dealer ??? !!!! If true that would qualify as THE bargin,period......Forget about mosaics, claritys, whatever !

You may not want to spend more than 2k, but your ears would be mighty gratefull !
 

risabet

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
1,318
Reaction score
0
Location
SoCal
Welcome to the insanity, you poor, or soon to be poor, bastard! :)
 

Joey_V

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
4,379
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
My friend Dave has dibs on the Vantages...

Brent contacted me today to thank me for getting his name out there... he told me of these Vantages.

It is an AWESOME deal, no doubt about it!

Vantage - BRAND NEW (customer change mind - upgrade I think to Summits, not sure...)
Natural Cherry
Full Warranty
Ship from Texas (authorized dealer, Media Design)
Around $200 to Chicago

If my friend doesnt take this, I'll post a full thread on the MLO FS section for all the others to take advantage of... for now, my buddy Dave has dibs though...
 

Joey_V

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
4,379
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Alright... Dave backed out.

It's anyone's speakers now!

I'll post this on the FS forum for good measure.
 

Daryl Zero

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Craig said:
Why buy Claritys on Audiogon for 1800 when you can get Ascents for 1900? But then there is the shipping factor.
Aren't the Ascents better than the Aeons? Where are the Ascents for 1900? I've seen the Aeons for about that much but haven't even seen any Ascents for sale anywhere.
 
Top