Mosaic Issue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

ief

Hi there,
This is my set up : ML Mosaic, Primaluna Prologue2 amp and Arcam73T CD player.

I had the tubes replaced on my PL since I started to have problems with the original tubes. Since that swap I "feel" that the right channel is more present, more detailed. My wife doesn't hear it, and I had a guy here who is specialized in system set up and he couldn't hear it either.

I have to say the left speaker is in between the rack and a wall. The right speaker has a lot more space.
Could this be the issue? If yes how come I only hear it after 1 year and a half?

I tried moving the speakers around, switching the speakers and switching the tubes on the amp with no satisfactory success.

Any ideas, suggestions?
It is driving me crazy!!

ief

ief said:
Hi there,
This is my set up : ML Mosaic, Primaluna Prologue2 amp and Arcam73T CD player.

I had the tubes replaced on my PL since I started to have problems with the original tubes. Since that swap I "feel" that the right channel is more present, more detailed. My wife doesn't hear it, and I had a guy here who is specialized in system set up and he couldn't hear it either.

I have to say the left speaker is in between the rack and a wall. The right speaker has a lot more space.
Could this be the issue? If yes how come I only hear it after 1 year and a half?

I tried moving the speakers around, switching the speakers and switching the tubes on the amp with no satisfactory success.

Any ideas, suggestions?
It is driving me crazy!!

ief

Hola...first we have to find from where is your problem coming. Do the changes slow. If you swap the left speaker for the right, and you have the same problem, the speakers are not the fault. Then, change the speaker's cable at the amplifier, this is, the left channel speaker binding post connected to the right speakerl. Now, you must have the problem at the right speaker. Now, change the input I.C. at the (pre)amplifier, again, change the left for the right, if the problem goes back to the left channel, you have it at your CD player left channel, if the problem remains at the right, then your left channel pre/amp is the one that you have to check!...remember to put back the speaker's cable left channel to left speaker...hope this can help...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Back