MORE Isolation Feet?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejspain

Reaction score
I believe all ML speakers come with isolation spikes; which I've found work quite well for decoupling and imaging. Are you guys "gone wild" with elaborate isolation feet / platforms for your ML or stuck with the provided ones? For those who made the jump....HONESTLY...is there a noticeable difference and/or worth upgrading from what came with your speakers?

Last edited:
Even after several good demonstrations by IsoAcoustics where I heard a difference that I liked, soundstage, clarity, I remained skeptical that I would witness the same in my home.

Armed with a good return policy, I bought two sets of GAIA II for my Expressions. Yes, the sound changed to my liking. I was happy enough to buy more sets for my subwoofers.

Additionally, even if they did nothing, I like the looks and the added ease of moving/adjusting the speakers and subs. For example, I moved my subs around last week and all I had to do was place a paper towel under each footer and slide the subs around.

Even after several good demonstrations by IsoAcoustics where I heard a difference that I liked, soundstage, clarity, I remained skeptical that I would witness the same in my home.

Armed with a good return policy, I bought two sets of GAIA II for my Expressions. Yes, the sound changed to my liking. I was happy enough to buy more sets for my subwoofers.

Additionally, even if they did nothing, I like the looks and the added ease of moving/adjusting the speakers and subs. For example, I moved my subs around last week and all I had to do was place a paper towel under each footer and slide the subs around.
Once you added the feet to the 13A's, was it difficult to balance them? Are your speakers/subs on carpet or hard flooring?

Once you added the feet to the 13A's, was it difficult to balance them?
No, but being that the house is 67 years old the floor is not exactly level, so getting the weight evenly distributed amongst the four feet takes a little patience.

Are your speakers/subs on carpet or hard flooring?
Hardwood flooring.

gotcha. These puppies freakin pricey. My Impressions will be on carpet...I see they have spiked cups to put the Gaia II's in but dang...even more money. o_O

Back