More Florian madness...this is great reading for those that have seen it before..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
Remmber the formula from the past: Florian (Lord Magapan) + Speakers = Problems

He was a long and hard believer in Magnapan Speakers, then had problems with them in his new room, so he sold them (to solve his room problems ???) and moved on to VMPS speakers (Planar forum really gave him crap when he sold his Maggies), then he moved back to Germany. Next he became a dealer for VMPS and some other products. Now these threads pop up...if you have ever followed a "Lord Magnapan" or "Florian" thread...this is more of the same fun...and just think you do not have to pay for this fun :D

First he is selling his speakers:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=23166

Then a couple of hours later he is tearing them apart...Here is the thread from Florian...aka Lord Magnapan over at the Circles....

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=23168&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited:
It's funny L.M would show up here. Prior to purchasing my ML's I followed his rants over at AudioAsylum. He didn't even own a pair of maggies when he was waxing poetically about how they blew ML out of the water. At least I have the satisfaction knowing that I might only be happier if I had larger ML :D

Make sure to read the post by Brian on page 6 - He is the VMPS guy. Brian states that he had NEVER heard about the problems Lord/Florian has had and would have replaced the speakers FREE if he just contacted him. Brian also states that the European VMPS rep also did not hear from Florian and would have worked with him on solving issues.

For those that have read a Lord/Florian post before, this just falls right in line. Personally I would NEVER purchase anything from the guy new or used.

The guy who purchased his torn apart VMPS speakers acutally lives here in my area. I was just at his home a couple of weeks ago for an "Audio Get Together" for the MAAC (Mid-Atlantic Audio Circle) that was organized as one of the Regional Circles on Audio Circle site. This person already owns a pair of RM-30's so I wonder what he will do with another pair :confused:

Dan

He should perform step 7. Repeatedly!

7. Is it normal that the entire cabinet shakes while its playing? I can put my head on it and get beatings from it.

DTB300 said:
Make sure to read the post by Brian on page 6 - He is the VMPS guy. Brian states that he had NEVER heard about the problems Lord/Florian has had and would have replaced the speakers FREE if he just contacted him. Brian also states that the European VMPS rep also did not hear from Florian and would have worked with him on solving issues.

For those that have read a Lord/Florian post before, this just falls right in line. Personally I would NEVER purchase anything from the guy new or used.
Dan
Dan,

I work in the mental health field... Trust me, this guy is not just working out some issues, he is nuts... ;)

IMHO, He needs some serious intervention and treatment, lots of treatment, away from normal society, preferably in a locked setting... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Dan,

I work in the mental health field... Trust me, this guy is not just working out some issues, he is nuts... ;)

IMHO, He needs some serious intervention and treatment, lots of treatment, away from normal society, preferably in a locked setting... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

I'm getting the same vibes Robin. Maybe we should be calling it quits on this thread.Tom?

Kevin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back