ML to release another speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard the rumor that ML will be releasing another speaker one-step up from the Summits, retailing for around $17,000.00?

I wrote ML over a week ago and asked about it. They have yet to respond to my e-mail, and in the past they have always been rather timely in doing so.

A few weeks back I made a joke about one called the 'Everest' but maybe I was actually spot on. http://tinyurl.com/hz9hv

Could you imagine the sound from a 33% panel increase over the Summits?

Its more or less been confirmed that there will be a new speaker coming soon that will be above the summit in the line up.

I hope its design is similar to that of the statements. That the ESL is fixed to a stand and the woofer box can be moved around for optimum placement.

But thats just me. ;)

ML was out my way a few weeks ago showing off the new Vistas. They told me there would be a model up from the Summits, but it sounded like it is over a year away. They were still working on different prototypes and were still not sure if it would be a two piece system or use more elements......Steve

Last edited:
Wait a minute there little buckaroo...

Calm down Joey. You just dropped a lot of cash on your Summits....

Maybe when your a full fledged MD..... :D

Kruppy said:
Calm down Joey. You just dropped a lot of cash on your Summits....
I reported this possibility a few weeks back and the anticipated date of release is atleast a year away.

Yet, I still have to say: Holy Moly!!!

I was thinking.... how do I get my grubby paws on this new pair???

Then Kruppy bursted my bubble.... *sigh*.... back to reality.
Kruppy said:
Maybe when your a full fledged MD..... :D
Oh... you know it! And it aint a "maybe". :D

I wonder what they'll call it. "Stratosphere", "Stratos", "Everest", "Peak"? Whatever they call it, they better hold off a little while. I gotta complete my system before another speaker comes out.... willpower waning...

J/K!

Last edited:
Zip3kx07 said:
How about "The Money Pit"?

You mean.... "Blackhole"?

$17,000+ is a whole lot of money.... if I get a pair, it better be before I'm married or the wifey will have me sleep in the kitchen.

Joey_V said:
You mean.... "Blackhole"?

$17,000+ is a whole lot of money.... if I get a pair, it better be before I'm married or the wifey will have me sleep in the kitchen.

They could call it "The Divorcer"?

Or how about "The Widow Maker"?

Last edited:
Of course you would have to upgrade all your other components as well, to bring them up to the same level.

Craig said:
Of course you would have to upgrade all your other components as well, to bring them up to the same level.

Hence the name, "Blackhole".

It's a never ending spree.... dont know about you guys, but I'll sit this one out for a while. Atleast until I graduate.

I'd love to see pics though... hopefully they'll release some pics. Of course, seeing as we are MLO, we're probably the last to see them, with the Russians having dibs before us. :mad:

Thank you for your interest in MartinLogan and MartinLogan products. We do not currently have any additions to the Summit, and do not plan to release any additions any time soon. I believe you received some wrong information and I apologize for that. I am interested in finding out which store or more particular which salesman told you this. We try to keep all of our dealers on the same page, but unfortunately some things become askew. The Summits are very up-to-date and are moving at an impressive speed. Happy listening!

SugarMedia said:
Thank you for your interest in MartinLogan and MartinLogan products. We do not currently have any additions to the Summit, and do not plan to release any additions any time soon. I believe you received some wrong information and I apologize for that. I am interested in finding out which store or more particular which salesman told you this. We try to keep all of our dealers on the same page, but unfortunately some things become askew. The Summits are very up-to-date and are moving at an impressive speed. Happy listening!

Thats what they said about the Vista.... then look what happened. All of a sudden, we saw pics of a Vista (about 1 to 2 years ahead of when they said) and when I called them, they gave me true Vista info. Before the Vista sighting, ML would tell me that it's atleast 2 years away.

The Blackhole is coming.

Joey_V said:
Thats what they said about the Vista.... then look what happened. All of a sudden, we saw pics of a Vista (about 1 to 2 years ahead of when they said) and when I called them, they gave me true Vista info. Before the Vista sighting, ML would tell me that it's atleast 2 years away.

The Blackhole is coming.
Well actually I did not see anything in sugars post that says there is not a better speaker in the works from the summit. What they are says is, it is not true there is not an upgrade for the summit.

“We do not currently have any additions to the Summit, and do not plan to release any additions any time soon”

“The Summits are very up-to-date”

The way I read the post there is no Summit “i” or what ever, but No comment on a set up speaker from the summit.

Last edited:
A Surprise from ML...

Zip3kx07 said:
Its more or less been confirmed that there will be a new speaker coming soon that will be above the summit in the line up.

I hope its design is similar to that of the statements. That the ESL is fixed to a stand and the woofer box can be moved around for optimum placement.

But thats just me. ;)
SugarMedia,

I'm hoping SugarMedia's letter from ML is just a political ploy stalling for more time, so as to surprise us all... :cool:

Joe,

I hope ML makes another speaker system above the Summits similar to what you propose. ;) That would be cool, very cool... :D

Robin said:
I hope ML makes another speaker system above the Summits similar to what you propose. ;) That would be cool, very cool... :D

Why? I thought you were going all the way to the Statements, Robin? ;) The "Blackhole" would just be another speaker along your way towards "perfection" in the ML-sense of the word.

.... Or are you going to join us and the Xstat clan.... :D .

I think I'll join you, someday... unless i come into $$$.

Joey_V said:
Why? I thought you were going all the way to the Statements, Robin? The "Blackhole" would just be another speaker along your way towards "perfection" in the ML-sense of the word.

.... Or are you going to join us and the Xstat clan.... .
Joey,

I'd love to purchase an Xstat - "Statement e2x"... :D
And maybe someday I will. :p But for now, I like what I've been hearing from all of our membership (especially you) about the Summits and Vantage. :) Who knows, maybe someday I'll join your hollowed ranks of Summit bliss, immersed as you are in total 'Sonic Nirvana'. :D

Robin said:
Joe,

There has been lots of chatter about a mini statement E2 setup over the past few years. Lots of people have expressed that they would like to see a smaller, more affordabule, and easier to live with statement E2 setup in the $20,000 range. Now that the E2's have been discontinued we will see. :rolleyes:

Zip3kx07 said:
Well actually I did not see anything in sugars post that says there is not a better speaker in the works from the summit. What they are says is, it is not true there is not an upgrade for the summit.

“We do not currently have any additions to the Summit, and do not plan to release any additions any time soon”

“The Summits are very up-to-date”

The way I read the post there is no Summit “i” or what ever, but No comment on a set up speaker from the summit.

Zip, that's kind of the way I read it too. I thought it was an elusive response that all together avoided my initial question.

So they're asking you to "rat" on the salesman? What are they going to do? Have him shot?...or even worse...make him sell Bose?

Back