ML Ticket In-Walls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

anthement

I am currently exploring in-wall/in-ceiling speaker options for a room I am adding on to my house (the speakers will be tied back into the current whole house audio distribution system I have in-place).

In discussing options with my dealer, he noted that they received today a few pairs of the new ML Ticket in-wall speakers. Unfortunately he could not tell me a whole lot about them - the owner of the shop who heard them at CEDIA is out until Thursday.

I can't find much of anything on the net about the Ticket - including nothing on the ML site. Does anyone know any of the technical specs on these in-walls?

They aren't too expensive ($399 each list), so I'm leaning toward taking a chance on them (they won't be used for critical listening, primarily for background music). If I don't go with the ML's, I am looking at the PSB M6x6.1 in-walls.

Thanks,
ae

I found a Martin Logan price list that shows the ticket in ML's line up but has not further information.

I also found a little bit of info with a photo but no spec’s on the new ticket in-walls, sorry.

MartinLogan Ticket in-walls

The tiny Ticket in-walls are among the smallest and least expensive of MartinLogan's growing family of compact in/on-wall speakers. The Tickets, as in "Yeah, that's the ticket," are priced around $300/channel.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Martin Logan just updated there site with info and spec's on the vantage and ticket. Check it out.

www.martinlogan.com

The Ticket.

Frequency Response: 75–20,000 Hz ± 3db
Sensitivity: 88 dB/2.83 volts/meter
Impedance: 8 ohms
Crossover Frequency: 2900 Hz
Components: Air core coils
Woofer type: Two 4” (16.5 cm)
cast basket, high rigidity,
aluminum cone with extended throw driver assembly
Power Handling: 150 watts
Weight: 5 lbs. each (2.3 kg)
Overall Size: 7.25” inches W × 4.69” inches D x 15.67” inches H
(18.4cm W × 11.9cm D × 39.8cm H)
Required wall opening
(including tolerance: 5.875” × 14.25”
(14.9cm × 36.2cm)
Projection from wall surface: 1.125” (2.9cm)
Depth required behind wall surface: 3.56” (9cm)

Last edited:
Picked them up from my dealer yesterday and installed them today. They sound fairly good (I don't have the dry wall up yet, so that may affect the sound a little plus the usual break-in required). There's some noticeable roll-off in the top-end, but for in-walls they are pretty solid (and based on their price, I believe a good value).

Thanks,
ae

Last edited:
anthement said:
Picked them up from my dealer yesterday and installed them today. They sound fairly good (I don't have the dry wall up yet, so that may affect the sound a little plus the usual break-in required). There's some noticeable roll-off in the top-end, but for in-walls they are pretty solid (and based on their price, I believe a good value).

Thanks,
ae

I am disappointed to see the Ticket is a traditional woofer/tweeter speaker unlike the hybrid’s we are use to see from Martin Logan.

I would give the ticket’s at least 100 hours of brake in time before any critical listening, ML woofers are typically very stiff to start with and after some time will loosen up and take on a more refined sound. I would think not having any drywall would effect on sound quality.

When you get your drywall in and some brake in time on them come back and give us a review. PLEASE :D

I agree that I found it a little odd for them to produce a traditional speaker - however, with that said, in very limited listening, the sonic qualities of the Ticket are nearly identical to a pair of Voyages I have in another room.

Fortunately, it is because they are traditional speakers that I could install them in this particular room (it is a humidor, so ESL panels obviously would not work) - so I am happy to add more ML speakers to my growing collection.

I'm running some pink noise through them to break them in, however, my attention right now is turned to my new Summit's that I just picked up this week as well.

I'll post a better detail of my impressions after break-in and the dry wall is up.

Thanks,
Michael

Back