ML says my BEM Vantage cabinets are done....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Here were my choices:

A little background... I wanted light colored wood so I narrowed it down to the Maple and the Natural Cherry. These two choices are a $300 upgrade. I asked for pics and they sent me the following pics of the Maple and Natural Cherry.

Now, they used Summit cabinets for the maple/natural cherry veneer pics..

Maple (regular):
mapleML.jpg

Natural Cherry:
NCherryML2.jpg

Last edited:
So... after seeing the offerings, I decided to up the stakes a little. If I'm going to spend money, might as well make it count, right? So I inquired about the possibility of having the Vantage veneered in Birds Eye Maple - they said it is possible for $500.

I said OK.

For $200 more, this is what I got... and keep in mind, these look better in person, or so I'm told.

Here are the BEM:
BEMML.jpg

BEM2ML.jpg

BEM3ML.jpg

ML told me that it will take 2 weeks more for the entire speaker to be built and shipped. I had them add EXTRA gloss to the BEM and they did... so it's cool!

I must say, ML has AWESOME customer support... I didnt even ask for production pics and they sent it to me for my approval, they treated me like I was buying the Statements e2x! This isnt what I expected, but I welcome it.... ML CS is definitely awesome!

2 more weeks.... :D .

You hear that Robin? Hehehe....

Last edited:
Look'n good Joey,

Those are some sexy look'in cabinets, I can't wait to see the finished product. :D

Last edited:
and i hear ya about martin logan customer support. jim powers has been nothing short of amazing, with all the questions and things i've gone to him over the last few years. awesome support! i hope this continues...

very nice , indeed, it will be a one of a kind set

Joe, I must say I think it was $200 well spent, they look beautifull !! Thats another good thing about a di-pole speaker , they need to be away from walls, etc. and yours will give a great presentation !!

Amazing Photo's of your BEM Vantages...

Joey,

Excellent CS at ML. I never expected that they would photograph your Vantage speakers in the factory while your speakers are being made - Wow! :D
This is truely an exciting BEM Vantage adventure. :D Thanks again for keeping us informed of your personal ML Vantage odyssey. Your BEM Vantage speakers look soooo Cool, soooo Great! You really did your Vantages up right Joey... :D

Just two more weeks. My calendar is still marked...

Last edited:
Yes yes, ML has excellent customer service! The only other time I've experienced this type of customer service is when I buy/deal with online retailers like SVS and Axiom Audio.... never a CS like this from a brick and mortar producer like Polk or Klipsch. I'm just glad we have a solid company which consistently goes beyond the call of duty to help out the customer.

I never asked for pics, they just did it for courtesy sake... very cool :) !

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone! I'm looking forward to picking them up and rearranging my room a little for the real babies to come home. This is gonna be sooo cool! ;)

And yes, Robin, my calendar is also marked! :D

Next up, amp upgrade!!! :mad:

Joey_V said:
Next up, amp upgrade!!! :mad:
That’s too funny, you haven’t even gotten your Vantage's yet and you’re already thinking about your next upgrade. :D Yep, you've got the bug all rite, your definitely an audiophile. :p Any ideas of what amp your going to upgrade too?

Zip3kx07 said:
That’s too funny, you haven’t even gotten your Vantage's yet and you’re already thinking about your next upgrade. :D Yep, you've got the bug all rite, your definitely an audiophile. :p Any ideas of what amp your going to upgrade too?

Joe,

I'm gonna make a new thread about this... please share your 2 cents.

Joey

Last edited:
Back