ML Releases first amplifier, a multi-zone matrixed distribution amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press release here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...ibuted-audio-with-easy-to-use-room-correction

martinlogan-fully-matrixed-distributed-audio-img1.jpg

This looks like a great piece for those running pre-amps and looking to power overheads and side / surrounds.

It would also be great for multi-room audio, yet still have the benefits of accurate room correction and bass-management.

How would you use one (or two) ?

Scott and John (father, origonal owner of Paradigm and son, an excellent and very enthusiastic engineer) bought the companies from Shoreview some months ago as an FYI. We are back to privately owned, speakers guys in charge situation.
To the first question, This product is not well suited as there are so many features aimed at the needs of distributed audio, it would be a waste as a multichannel amp. Yes, it is an Anthem but is has game changer all over it for the CI world that I am happy to take bite of it. We do a lot of CI speakers so an easy decision to make that helps our end nicely.

Hi Peter, thanks for the update, that is very good news!

As for applications, that's why I mentioned surrounds / overheads and multi-room applications. I actually think the level of control in these units is amazing. Maybe not for the less-technical audiophile, but for those that know what this is, it's a nice addition. But yes, not what one would use to bi-amp an ESL with ;)

So it works great with your architectural series and of course, the new CI line. Which BTW- really glad to see ML expanding into that space, it is growing more sophisticated.

in your hands, you can see the flexibility but most folks will just get a multi channel. the fact it is also an amp may be the least important thing given the feature content.

Latest posts

Back