ML Purity Issue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftenner

Reaction score
I'm just back with ML (owned ReQuest before but had a bookshelf speaker for a while). I bought a re-paneled Purity which sounds like a major downgrade from my previous ReQuest. Bass is boomy but it seems low and mid frequencies lack sparkle a lot. Is this a sign of a defect or possible mis-placement of the speaker?

Also how can I remove the panels? I noticed one speaker doesn't seem to have the panel properly mounted to the enclosures.

Thank you, Frank

Hi Frank, wish I can help. Any updates?

Update: my Logan died (left channel started fading in volume). I guess that’s it and I’ll move to another manufacturer that can make speakers lasting over years. I’ve never been so disappointed like this before. Change panel after 2 years and already good for the garbage can…

Update: my Logan died (left channel started fading in volume). I guess that’s it and I’ll move to another manufacturer that can make speakers lasting over years. I’ve never been so disappointed like this before. Change panel after 2 years and already good for the garbage can…
How long did the new panels last? I'm confused. Most panels from what I gather seem to last anywhere from about 15 to 20 years or more. Are you saying your new panel was only good for 2 years?

Back