ML price increase??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Does anyone else know about this?

ML Summits are supposedly going up to $10995 for base finish on 1/2007!

Good news for us who have them as we just had our speakers appreciate in value!! LOL!!

When I sell my Summits for the Super Summits, this little price increase will play in handy!

Joey :angel: :clap: :band:

Yup

I can confirm that the price is increasing as per Joey's post. A good investment indeed!!!

Summit Price Increase...

I am sure all ML speakers will have price increases in the new year as the cost of materials, man / woman power and production costs rise... :rolleyes: It is just the nature of good business. ;)

Well... now that the word is out... people should buy buy buy!

Ok ok... I got a little carried away there.

JOey :eek:

Well... now that the word is out... people should buy buy buy!

Ok ok... I got a little carried away there.

JOey :eek:

Is it across the board?

I won't be buying new but it could drive the cost of used up which would make me unhappy :)

Is it across the board?

I won't be buying new but it could drive the cost of used up which would make me unhappy :)

That... I'm not sure of.

And yes, driving the price of used is probably going to happen with this price increase.... which is good for us owners, but bad for us would-be owners. I suppose, there go my hopes of an ML 5.1 system! :(

Joey

ML Sycophants?

The CPI for Oct fell .5%, energy prices fell 7.0% , transportation fell 3.1%. So ML raises prices 9.95% on the Summit. Something to think about maybe?

it's a luxury good. margin doesn't dictate price. By raising the price, it protects the investment of its early adopters somewhat (look at what rolex does)

you can get replacement Summit panels for $500. Are you telling me that $9500 pays for the 4 woofers + cabinets + electronics? Of course not. The price is market driven only. Getting the "best" always has a premium attached.

As a result...ML continues to exist as a company (it has to pay for advertising, R&D, + overhead with the margin on a much smaller number of sales than other non-luxury speaker companies...so it's margins must be larger) and continues to develop upcoming products like the CLX (which I'm excited about!

The CPI for Oct fell .5%, energy prices fell 7.0% , transportation fell 3.1%. So ML raises prices 9.95% on the Summit. Something to think about maybe?

The USDollar has been weakening against other international currencies during the past few years. For example, it was worth 1.66 Singapore dollars in the beginning of 2006. Now it is down to 1.54. In 2002, it was around 1.84.

A number of ML products are now made in China and perhaps elsewhere too. So they will definitely cost more in terms of USDollars. I will be surprised if ML does not raise its prices to compensate. At the rate the USD is weakening, we can perhaps expect further price rises during the later part of 2007.

Like Joey says, buy, buy, buy .... else it's bye, bye, bye to ML speakers! :(
Ben

Last edited:
it's a luxury good. margin doesn't dictate price. By raising the price, it protects the investment of its early adopters somewhat (look at what rolex does)

you can get replacement Summit panels for $500. Are you telling me that $9500 pays for the 4 woofers + cabinets + electronics? Of course not. The price is market driven only. Getting the "best" always has a premium attached.

As a result...ML continues to exist as a company (it has to pay for advertising, R&D, + overhead with the margin on a much smaller number of sales than other non-luxury speaker companies...so it's margins must be larger) and continues to develop upcoming products like the CLX (which I'm excited about!

Agreed, the most expensive part of the speaker is the cabinet and ML does have to pay for things you stated, nor would I deny them a fair margin. Just being argumentative I guess:devil:

Back