ML launching new speakers at CEDIA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score
Check out the link to Stereophile and read down..............

http://www.stereophile.com/news/091106cedia/

I would also like to know if MF's new product could power Apogees (nothing less than an electrical short), how they would sound on MLs. There are not many "amps" that can push ML panels to reproduce high freqs where tough loads are for static panels

CEDIA Show in Denver CO.

longhorn said:
Check out the link to Stereophile and read down..............

http://www.stereophile.com/news/091106cedia/

I would also like to know if MF's new product could power Apogees (nothing less than an electrical short), how they would sound on MLs. There are not many "amps" that can push ML panels to reproduce high freqs where tough loads are for static panels
longhorn,

This show starts this Thursday, in Denver, from what the article said... :eek: This show must be a diffent one than the Audio Fest taking place the third week of October, in Denver...?

I think MiTT plans on going to Audio Fest.. Will you be attending this CEDIA show? We need an inside man... I'm planning on following the Stereophile Bog for up-dates, as I'm very interested in a ML speaker, which is some what larger than the Summit. ;)

Last edited:
Robin said:
longhorn,

This show starts this Thursday, in Denver, from what the article said... :eek: This show must be a diffent one than the Audio Fest taking place the third week of October, in Denver...?

I think MiTT plans on going to Audio Fest. Will you be attending this CEDIA show? We need and inside man... I'm planning on following the Stereophile Bog for up-dates, as I'm very interested in a ML speaker, which is some what larger than the Summit. ;)
Robin, you are correct, these are two completely different shows. Roberto is here in Denver to attend CEDIA. I'm hoping to hook up with him tonight and I'm also going to try getting into the show if I can manage it. If so I'll take pictures and post them here.

The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is Oct. 20-22. Great show that centers around 2 channel audio. Many High-End manufacturers, lot's of tubes, turntables, horns etc. I usually drop a few hundred $ on music as well because a lot of software types (Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, Naim Audio) are there selling their wares.

I heard from someone who works at ML there was not going to be anything new just some variations on the current designs and "some emphasis" on home theater applications.
We shall see:D:D

Jeff :cool:

I was walking around the EXPO floor today. The show doesn't officially open until tomorrow, but I am special. :D
I walked by the Martin Logan booth and saw them setting up.
I did not see anything new yet.
I will swing by the booth tomorrow and see if they put out any suprises.

What's this talk about a bigger Summit?

What's ML trying to do to me? If they release another top of the range speaker, I'm going to have to do some more crawling and sweet talking to my wife! The Summits were bad enough... :eek:

P.S. Okay. I should tell you guys... How I got my Summits was that I had to agree to buying a brand new kitchen for the house. We're half way through the install now. If I try for bigger ML's, what will she want then? OMG!!!!!

Last edited:
retailing for around $17,000.00

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 464
May I be the first to propose that the most largest and most expensive new M/L speaker be called the Mauna Loa ? :D

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/newsarch/2002/May02/maunaloa.htm
CORVALLIS, Ore. - A study at Oregon State University has made one of the most precise measurements yet of Mauna Loa on the island of Hawaii, which is recognized as the largest mountain in the world when considering the enormous volcanic mass that is included underneath the sea.

If we consider Mars.................Olympus.
http://www.eso.org/outreach/eduoff/edu-prog/catchastar/casreports-2004/rep-068/main.htm
image048.gif

Last edited:
kach22i said:
May I be the first to propose that the most largest and most expensive new M/L speaker be called the Mauna Loa ? :D

That's pretty funny. :D

Mmmm... the Mauna Loa.... *droool*....

24" wide stat panels.... Descent caliber woofer cabinets..... cant hold the drool back.... :)

hello everybody, yes I am here at Denver and went allready to ML Booth. Did see the new stuff, and also did like it very much. There are a lot of see- through inside models and you can see the quality of the components and the type of crossovers, and they way that the speaker's cabinet is built. Of course, did see Mr. Scotty Wenzel, Mr. David Penrod, Mr. Peter Sodenberg, and the other guys of the ML team...very nice people. You are not allow to listen anything, and went to Magnolia at Best Buy and was a dissaster...left channel was not working at all, and the cables, the banana plug :eek: was broken, so difficult to listen under these conditions...more later...happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks, Roberto. I'm looking forward to more reports... :)

Everest

Hmmmm.... I think I know what speakers will grace Joey's abode next.... and after his recent sacrifice..... it would be well deserved! Even if it will make us all drool in envy over "the kid's" newest toy. :D Hmmm I wonder if one can subsist on Ramen for 18 months??? :eek:

TomDac said:
Roberto,
can you get some photos? That would be AWESOME!
Will try for sure...the problem is that I left the download camera's cable at home :( ...will try to do it by other way, perhaps might work...happy listening,
Roberto. :D

The new Descent i is at CEDIA. I think there are photos at either Stereophile HT web site or the Audioholics site, but you may need to google it for the correct site The sub has controls on the top where the wood insert is currently used. It also appears to have a small video screen in the control area, but I do not know what its for.

Back