ML Jumper Plates?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
I'm currently using the factory Bi-Wire Jumper Plates that came with my Aeon i's. I was wondering if I would have better results with actual Bi-Wire Jumper Cables like Analysis Plus, DH-Labs, Cardas and so on. What do you think? I do not want to Bi-Wire.

rampage60 said:
I'm currently using the factory Bi-Wire Jumper Plates that came with my Aeon i's. I was wondering if I would have better results with actual Bi-Wire Jumper Cables like Analysis Plus, DH-Labs, Cardas and so on. What do you think? I do not want to Bi-Wire.
Do it!

I have my system bi-wired now, but before that I made some jumpers for myself with some litz wire. Huge improvement over the stamped. cheap metal plates. You will never look back.

I was advised by a trusted audiophile to use jumpers made of the same wire as the speaker cable. My speaker cable manufacturer (Atlas) makes jumpers, so I purchased them. I never did an a/b comparison with the stock jumper plate, so I can't tell you if it made a difference, but I'm very happy with the sound so at least it didn't do any harm :)

I made my own jumpers the other day, seemed to pick up a little more in the bass region. Not much but I'll take all the help I can get :)

Replacing the plate jumpers is a must. I replaced them with those I made with Kimber cable and WBT connectors. Nice improvement indeed.
I cannot compare with bi-wiring as I don't use it.

I will have to make a pair myself and see how it works out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Will, I made my own jumpers. I used 10AWG multi-stranded OFC cable and 24k gold plated spades. What do you think? I think much better then those stamped sheet metal ones that came with the speakers. :)

jumpers1.jpg

jumpers2.jpg

Last edited:
Those look good! Mine are pretty similar except I am using bananna plugs to free up room for my spade connectors.

I took the easy way out and used banana plugs with QED silver anniverary cable.

Attachments

• Summit2.jpg
    Summit2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 396
I've got a related, though somewhat offbeat question. I'm contemplating replacing my "Home Depot" biwiring to my Summits with a cable from IXOS called the Gamma 7. It's a low inductance design which has two sets of conductors, a 13 ga pair and a 15 ga pair. In most applications the 13 ga would be used for the LF and the 15 ga for the HF. Here is the question.... since the Summits LF is self powered, and the LF speaker cables job becomes more like an interconnect than a power handling speaker cable, should I reverse the normal application and use the lighter gage for the LF and the heavier for the HF?

Last edited:
Good question, Gerry. I think because the Summits input is high (speaker) level then the cable doesn't really act like an interconnect. Also the gauge of the cable for such a very short length wouldn't make any electrical difference whatsoever.

First of all, I run bi-wire so I'm not affected by this.

However, I would have thought the good solid, gold plated plates would easily beat some cheap (or not so) cable to short the terminals?

ML Jumper Plates

Rampage60; really a good looking job, and I think they will hold up really well.

ML Jumper Plates

DrJRapp: Good evening, Please let me know what you think when you make the change and how the sound may have changed. all the best ...thanks

Back