ML in my room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JudMc

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some ML speakers. I started a long thread about amplification, which was very informative.

I've read about positioning ML speakers and I think I can do that. However, I have an unusual room (photo attached - I know it is messy). The room is a little bigger than 14x14 feet. I'm about 10 feet from the speakers. ML speakers project out the back. Notice the odd shape in the left corner and the plastic door on the right. How will this work with ML speakers?

(We are planning to move within a year, so there will be a different room then, but it will probably be a small bedroom or bonus room,)

Attachments

• my muaix room.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
That angled ceiling is not your audio friend.

Before I took out a couple walls to open up an L shape room and kitchen into one big room, my setup was just like yours except the lowest part of the ceiling was 8 feet and the highest was almost 11 feet. I could never get the sound like I wanted. The issues were in the bass region. Now, with it all open and the setup rotated 90º so the ceiling is like an amphitheater the sound is leagues better.

Frankly, stats are a better choice than all-cone drivers with that ceiling so close. But, bass will still be an issue. Subs can help with that issue.

The speakers I have now (in the photos) are all cones. I had them before we moved here, and they were in a large living room in our old house.

Generally I don't like subwoofers, and I don't think I have a way too hook them up anyway.

I got an Allison Kraus album the other day (not something I usually listen to) and it really shows how I need different speakers.

Back