ML experience draws to a sad end

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you want some fresh air? You can't breathe "manufactured air" forever!
Every home takes in air from the outside, ours has a vent. Its not really an issue. We have allergies too and having the house closed up helps tremendously, since we have an electrostatic air cleaner on the central ac.

Every home takes in air from the outside, ours has a vent. Its not really an issue. We have allergies too and having the house closed up helps tremendously, since we have an electrostatic air cleaner on the central ac.

Must be an Australian thing.

Funnily, I remember 20 years ago, staying in London for a while through winter with some friends. You could tell the apartments occupied by Australians, because it didn't matter how cold it was, all of us had our windows ever so slightly open :)

Didn't realize that so many folks don't have their ac running 24/7. We never turn ours off.

Same here. In Florida. I have the A/C running year round. My cats do not know any temps but 74-77 degrees. My humidity is around 50 to 65 %. I pay whatever is required. If the A/C unit goes down which it has, I pack up the wife and cats and go to a hotel until it is fixed. I will not tolerate sweating my a** off if I can help it. I did a lot of that when I was younger, now I don't.

Mild climate, radiant floor heating in winter, few summer days that really need A/C. That's it.
And THAT, along with the "Parilla" in every house (if I remember correctly) is what I loved about Montevideo - I visited for a couple of days on my way further inland back in 2001. Definitely need to visit again!

And THAT, along with the "Parilla" in every house (if I remember correctly) is what I loved about Montevideo - I visited for a couple of days on my way further inland back in 2001. Definitely need to visit again!

La Parrilla is mandatory! Of course I have one at home. And an open wood burning fireplace so you can also grill indoors in winter.

A few observations regarding climate. It was a new experience to me when we spent 2 weeks vacation in Italy during the summer of 2019. Most of the restaurants had no AC and much of the dining was outside. I made sure all of our hotels were air conditioned. Just getting ice was a big deal.

It was a record 105 degrees Fahrenheit or more when we were there. After awhile we got used to the heat. We had a great time there. I'd love to go back. So the heat didn't ruin our trip.

I hardly ever use my AC in my cars. I love to drive with the windows down. My house though I like the air cool and not humus. I'm hoping my new Prodigy panels last a long time because of this. We have good air filters active in the house too.

. After awhile we got used to the heat. We had a great time there. I'd love to go back. So the heat didn't ruin our trip.

I've noticed the same. We travel to Bali quite regularly (every year or two for a "do-nothing" break) - and Bali is similar - everything is outside, no walls, etc. You get used to the heat very quickly, and when you walk into somewhere with AC, it is actually biting, unpleasant and chilly. Strange that.

I've noticed the same. We travel to Bali quite regularly (every year or two for a "do-nothing" break) - and Bali is similar - everything is outside, no walls, etc. You get used to the heat very quickly, and when you walk into somewhere with AC, it is actually biting, unpleasant and chilly. Strange that.
Yeah. It became that I only desired AC while we slept at the hotel and maybe for lunch each day because it was so hot. Being up over 100 for a week or more each day. All time record highs. At least we weren't there for the flooding that happened in Venice after we left.

Back