ML emblem light failure

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Khanhrad

Last night my Vantage front panel ML emblem light (bluish color) just died. The "Status" light on the back panel is still working. This does bother me a bit for cosmetic reasons. Anyone know how to change this light out, or should I contact ML? Thanks a lot.

Some of the other folks may be able to help you with changing it, and it may be easier/quicker for you to replace the LED, but your speakers are new enough I would think that covered by warranty. So I would contact ML myself. Not sure if tampering with it during the warranty period would be frowned upon or void the warranty........

If you try to change it yourself you will more then likely void your warranty. I would contact Jim Power at Martin Logan, he may send you the replacement parts free of charge and walk you threw how to replace them without voiding your warranty.

Zip3kx07 said:
If you try to change it yourself you will more then likely void your warranty. I would contact Jim Power at Martin Logan, he may send you the replacement parts free of charge and walk you threw how to replace them without voiding your warranty.
Agreed, that is the best advise, contact Jim Power, he will show you the best way to service the unit...happy listening,
Roberto.

Khanhrad said:
Last night my Vantage front panel ML emblem light (bluish color) just died. The "Status" light on the back panel is still working. This does bother me a bit for cosmetic reasons. Anyone know how to change this light out, or should I contact ML? Thanks a lot.

Contact ML. This happened to me last week and seems to be connected to the power supply boards. Have you had your Vantages upgraded with the revised PS boards?

good luck!

k

kirkawall said:
Contact ML. This happened to me last week and seems to be connected to the power supply boards. Have you had your Vantages upgraded with the revised PS boards?

good luck!

k
Remember to always UNPLUG your speaker in the event of a lightening storm. power surges do terrible things

Thanks to everyone for your input. I did have a recent thunderstorm, but every equipment is on surge protector, and only one Vantage was affected. Nevertheless, I will be more careful.

Kirkawall, I am not aware of any PS board upgrade. Please tell me more. Thanks

Khanhrad said:
Kirkawall, I am not aware of any PS board upgrade. Please tell me more. Thanks

I've posted on this here recently -- you might do a search with my username. My Vantages had some frequency-related distortion in the upper panels that was independent of volume and a failed blue LED on the right speaker. The fix was an update of the PS boards -- this may NOT be necessary if the LED is your only problem. I would a) unplug the speakers and plug them in again and b) contact ML Service. Hope this helps,

k

Unplug!!!!

:eek: :eek:
Khanhrad said:
Thanks to everyone for your input. I did have a recent thunderstorm, but every equipment is on surge protector, and only one Vantage was affected. Nevertheless, I will be more careful.
A surge protector wil NOT protect your equipment in the event of a direct hit. I lost a whole house full of electronics that way in Maryland with one strong hit. I UNPLUG everything with a microprocessor in it if a storm is coming including all my computers. You should do the same

kirkawall said:
Have you had your Vantages upgraded with the revised PS boards?
Hi kirkawall !
If I'll purchase a new Vantage (in the near future), will it come with the revised PS boards ?

Rik,

The problem of course about storms is sometimes you do not know they are coming.

Do you unplug your stuff every time you leave the house?

Joel

Down here in Tampa, aka "Lightning Capital of the World," our local power company offers "ZapCap", which is a WHOLE HOUSE surge protector mounted on the electric meter. Used in conjunction with inside surge protectors, they offer full replacement coverage for any damaged items. There is an up front installation fee, then monthly charge ~$6, but well worth it. Of course, it DOESN'T protect against surges coming via cable, phone, or network lines. I believe the same product is offered under a different name in different geographic areas of the country.

Axel said:
Hi kirkawall !
If I'll purchase a new Vantage (in the near future), will it come with the revised PS boards ?

Hi Axel,

I'd contact ML Sales on that one. As far as I'm aware any speaker made after the initial run should have them. I don't think there is sonic difference. Perhaps others on the board have more info...

best,

k

:)
jmschnur said:
Rik,

The problem of course about storms is sometimes you do not know they are coming.

Do you unplug your stuff every time you leave the house?

Joel
If there is any threat of a storm at all, I always unplug! ALWAYS!! I monitor the weather closely. If I leave for more than a day, I also unplug. :eek:

Rik,

In the DC area all days in the summer have some threat of a strom. do you unplug every day until evening or watch the radar before you turn on your systems.

Today of course I have turned off my stuff but not yesterday.

Thanks-I trying to figure out a course which makes a the most sense here. I do of course have covltage ruglators and surge protectors on my system as well. But as you said that is not enough if there is a nearby or direct hit.

Joel

jmschnur said:
Rik,

In the DC area all days in the summer have some threat of a strom. do you unplug every day until evening or watch the radar before you turn on your systems.

Today of course I have turned off my stuff but not yesterday.

Thanks-I trying to figure out a course which makes a the most sense here. I do of course have covltage ruglators and surge protectors on my system as well. But as you said that is not enough if there is a nearby or direct hit.

Joel
If the weather forcast in the morning indicates any possibility of a storm, I will unplug if I go out. The system won't sound as good until it is plug in for at least 12 hours, but it's better than losing equipment.

Rik,

That makes a lot of sense and I will follow your lead. However, there is always the possibility of storms that have not been forcasted.

Perhaps a system that has a RF weather advisory built in (to get current conditins) (they have this in a weather station I have) that could put out a control voltage that leads to a complete system shut down might work.

Joel

Latest posts

Back