ML Dust cover

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragonfly,

ML use to make them and now no longer do. One of the members on this forum sent me some high-rez pictures, and I'm planning on using them as a guide to give to a tailor.

If you want more pictures let me know.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Sugarmedia,
Thank you for your prompt reply,If it is possible to send more pictures please,I would have to follow your parth and get then taylor made.
Regards

Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send them within the next 10 minutes.

Yup, those are my pictures.

I believe it was just before last Christmas that Tom posted an offer from ML on the final speaker covers that they had in stock. You may want to check with Mr. Powers on the outside chance that there's something left, although I kind of doubt it. I believe I got the last SL3 covers.

SugarMedia,
No covers yet? I was actually thinking about sending you a pm within the last week or so asking what you ended up doing.

Hi Kruppy,

Yes those are your pictures... I wrote ML and they had nothing left and if I remember correctly they discontinued making them for profitability reasons. (IMO... they should be included if you're buying the Summit, Vantage, etc.)

As far as mine go, I've been so busy lately and haven't had much time to think about it. At some point, I will try to have then made out of Ultra suede since they will be prominent in my living room.

Take care.

Covers do come with the Vantage (and I'm sure the Summit) but they arent black with the ML logo... it's a plain white cover that snuggly fits the entire Vantage.

I just never thought of using it on a regular basis.

DSC00268.jpg

Last edited:
SugarMedia,
I hope you post pictures once you've got your covers, whenever that might be.

Joey,
Those covers don't quite seem up to the previously made material and build quality :eek: . But knowing you're a starving med student with an audio affliction, I think we can over look it if you use those things. :D

Kruppy said:
Joey,
Those covers don't quite seem up to the previously made material and build quality :eek: . But knowing you're a starving med student with an audio affliction, I think we can over look it if you use those things. :D

I think those covers were intended for shipping purpose and not long term usage, but hay if it works for you, use it. :D

Zip3kx07 said:
I think those covers were intended for shipping purpose and not long term usage, but hay if it works for you, use it. :D

Kruppy said:
Joey,

Awwww... nuts. :(

Joey_V said:
Awwww... nuts. :(

What is that cover made out of? It looks like that foam sheet stuff.

What you could do is take one of your covers to someone and have them duplicate it in fabric.

Zip3kx07 said:
What is that cover made out of? It looks like that foam sheet stuff.

What you could do is take one of your covers to someone and have them duplicate it in fabric.

It felt like clothy-fabric. It's not exactly cotton though - I forget what they were.... once I get the BEM Vantages, I'll let you know, Joe.

Yes, I know exactly what that material is Joey. I just can't think of the name of it, and it does have that micro/cotton cloth feel to it. It seems like I've bought some dress shoes that came wrapped in that stuff before. However, the covers that Kruppy has are definitely superior and will last longer... that's what I want.

You know if they did infact discontinue the former covers for profitability reasons, I would be willing to bet that anyone buying a $3k speaker and above would gladly pay a few extra dollars for something nicer. Let's make a poll.

Hey... and there's an idea for buying those Summits. Manufacture slip covers from my house and charge a premium. I suppose I just need to take a sewing course or better yet hire a couple 8 year old Chinese kids to do the labor for me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it the cover is made out of Teflon paper or Teflon fabric. Strong stuff! hard to pull apart and tear.

Cherian said:
I think it the cover is made out of Teflon paper or Teflon fabric. Strong stuff! hard to pull apart and tear.

Just a a guess, but is it possibly Tyvek? That's the stuff used for shipping envelopes and housewrap.

I know where I've seen this stuff, most likely the same thing that the Vantages are in.

Hugo Boss suit bags.

Attachments

• hugo.jpg
    hugo.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Special Order ML speaker Covers...

SugarMedia said:
Yes, I know exactly what that material is Joey. I just can't think of the name of it, and it does have that micro/cotton cloth feel to it. It seems like I've bought some dress shoes that came wrapped in that stuff before. However, the covers that Kruppy has are definitely superior and will last longer... that's what I want.

You know if they did infact discontinue the former covers for profitability reasons, I would be willing to bet that anyone buying a $3k speaker and above would gladly pay a few extra dollars for something nicer. Let's make a poll.

Hey... and there's an idea for buying those Summits. Manufacture slip covers from my house and charge a premium. I suppose I just need to take a sewing course or better yet hire a couple 8 year old Chinese kids to do the labor for me. :rolleyes:
SugarMedia,

If you made them with your own two hands, maybe... :)
Especially if you start taking special orders. I would probably want mine made out of "White Satin" or Silk or better yet Leather & Lace... ;)

Latest posts

Back