ML Club's most wanted

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sakhavi

OK, time for another frivolous but fun exercise... What's the one new hifi or HT product (ML or not) that tops your wishlist? I'm interested in people's answers both considering cost and assuming cost is no object.

For myself...
cost considered: ML Cinema (or Stage when avail.)
cost no object: PlasmaSync 61XR3 Plasma TV

• Surround Processor: Anthem D1 or Lexicon MC-12
  • Transport/DAC: EMM Labs DAC6E & EMM Labs CDSD
  • A new house with a dedicated HT/Audio room (this opens up a WHOLE NEW list of items....)

Jeff Zaret said:
Does wanting a female companion that likes this hobby count.

American or European? Too bad Tascam is no longer here to assist you in this endevor....

Sorry...could not resist....

Jeff Zaret said:
Does wanting a female companion that likes this hobby count. Of course if she has money would be even better. LOL :D

Jeff :cool:

What Jeff said.

Um, OK, so all of us guys would prefer companionship to equipment. That's great. Really. Glad we've got our priorities in the right place. :)

Now, to return to being crass and materialistic ... does anyone want to share what they'd really like in terms of A/V equipment? :D

At this point I will take a breathing individual and if she can hold some tube equipment even better. :D

For me maybe either a "higher up the chain" CJ tube preamp and maybe a 5 channel amp but I am really happy at the moment. How about a better room and a flat panel high def TV

Jeff :cool:

I would want the Martin Logan Summit paired with 2 Krell Monoblocks wired in home-made Silver interconnects.

That's all.

Female companion already acquired... ;) .

Joey_V said:
I would want the Martin Logan Summit paired with 2 Krell Monoblocks wired in home-made Silver interconnects.

That's all.

I auditioned the summits with the Krell FPB 300cx stereo amp and Krell KCT preamp. It was the Brightest, harshest, sounding system I have ever heard in my life. It did sound good but got tiring to listening too. The summits are very sensitive to source equipment, pick your components carefully.

Joey_V said:

That's all.

Joey,

You've got the hardest part done already! :)

I like your idea about the Krell monoblocks w/Summits. I would take Nordost Vahallas for the speaker cables and interconnects.

Anthony

Statement E2.... Please!!

My "make a wish" system would have the ML Statement E2, at it's heart. Heck, my wish system, would be to have a system like, Barbados's, System #46.

If money was an object,... I would wish for the Anthem P5, or a BAT K6200, or a Simaudio Moon Titian amplifier, to go with a the Butler 2250 amp.
A Shanling T200 or Musical Fidelity tubed CD player. For speakers, I would wish for a pair of, ML Summit's or Aeon i's, depending on how much money I could spend, to go with my current system #57.

Cheers,

-Robin

Last edited:
Zip3kx07 said:
I auditioned the summits with the Krell FPB 300cx stereo amp and Krell KCT preamp. It was the Brightest, harshest, sounding system I have ever heard in my life.

I heard a Bryston Pre with Bryston Amp that was pretty bright sounding recently. With a Tube Pre, the Bryston Amp sounded pretty good, so maybe it was the pre. First time I ever heard the pre, so maybe the store had things messed up, cables usage, etc. Too many people talk about good things with Bryston stuff.

But I agree on the FPB's.

If the Krell's were the old KSA models....they were much better sounding amps than the latest FPB, IMHO. But each to their own.

Dan

Hard disk music server

Currently, this high-quality hard-disk based music server is on the top of my list. 250GB of space for music, without the burden of a computer! Yep, this little puppy is designed to be used via remote control in the same fashion as a hi-fi component (much like your good ol' CD player). The advantage is that you don't have to get up and change the CD. Sweet!

http://www.zerooneaudio.com

Spike

Actually, I've had my eye on a good power conditioner by Belkin PureAV and a good DAC by Channel Islands. I hope to get them within a month. This tops my list for now.

After this, I should be set for a while.

A room! A dedicated, soundproofed, private, acoustically perfect room in which to listen.

Nothing is worse than listening with the kitchen behind me and people walking back and forth through the room. Not to mention always being told to turn it down!

Latest posts

Back