ML CLS

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That instruction seems to assume your multimeter is a particular impedance (ohms/volt). But if you have another speaker to do "comparison shopping", the precise voltage measurement shouldn't be critical, as long as you have one good speaker and it's the same.

You could try shopping on eBay for high voltage probes. Since not many people are repairing CRT's any more, there should be a surplus of them. I got a Fluke for $14.
I needed a high voltage probe too, best I could do was abt $45 shipped, and I'm good with that. Tons on ebay but common shipping is around 40 bucks! :rolleyes:

Hola Chicos,
Kotedo sent to me a recording of the noise of the problem, and it looks like a panel loose at certain part of the bass section.
I am waiting his response about it...haven't hear from him.

Happy listening!

Maybe. A lot of voltage, not much charge. I bet the charge on a panel wouldn't light a xenon flash tube very brightly.
After I rebuilt my CLS IIz frames the interface sat on the bast of the frame. One day I needed to move interface a bit and reached in to the open side. Needless to say after reaching in at the wrong angle to lift it my the top panel I hit a part that was not user friendly.
I have hit line voltage in house renovation a number of times but this like a triple shot of Tequila vs. Apple Juice. I never did that again.

Hola Chicos,
Kotedo sent to me a recording of the noise of the problem, and it looks like a panel loose at certain part of the bass section.
I am waiting his response about it...haven't hear from him.

Happy listening!

Hellllooo!!! It’s been a while, I have been busy with other things, but it seems that I was able to tame the beast.

I used our trusty Dyson Hair Dryer in lieu of a heat gun, and boy oh boy did that make a difference! The flapping os nearly gone and to tame it even further, I applied some Gorilla Tape behind the mildly flapping area. The sound is nearly 100% restored, the flapping is inaudible and I am happy as a clam. A few small ones are needed on the right side speaker, but that’s it. Refinements now.

Back