ML Atmos match for ESL 9 / ESL C

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akm3

Reaction score
Hello all,

My current setup is ESL-9 / ESL-C fronts, with Fresco side/rears (not ideal). I want to add 4 ceiling speakers for Atmos. Out of the ML line does anyone know which ones are most appropriate for timbre match / frequency range for Atmos? I presume something using folded motion would be my best bet for timbre match but a speaker like the Motion XTC-8 is probably total overkill as that seems to be meant as a full(ish) range ceiling speaker for primary music listening, not just Atmos.

Would something like the MC4 make sense or what is best?

the MC4 will work fine if installing 4 of them. The enclosed back is a plus.
Make sure you carefully plan out the locations, as that will likely make a big difference in how effective they are.

And I'd set the processors crossover for those at 110Hz, regardless of what the automatic measuring system reads.

As for timbre-matching yes, a folded-motion is a plus, but I was pleasantly surprised how a dynamic coaxial (JBL SCS8) overhead was able to blend with the all-ESL bed channels. Room correctors really help here.

Back