ML ascent vs ascent i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thuchien

i am new to ML so i don't know much about ML line. I need help
what is the different bewteen two model here? there is one in my local sell ascent for $2000. Do you think that is a good deal?
thanks a lot

Are they selling the Ascent or the Ascent i's? As a reference point, I just sold my near perfect Ascent i's on Audiogon for $2500.

it is the ascent not ascent i.
i have b&k 7250 amp which is 200w x 5 at 8 ohm. do you think it is enough to drive to ML?
thanks

thuchien said:
i am new to ML so i don't know much about ML line. I need help
what is the different bewteen two model here? there is one in my local sell ascent for $2000. Do you think that is a good deal?
thanks a lot
The Ascent used composite paper woofer’s, the Ascent i got upgraded to aluminum woofers. The panels on the two speakers are a bit different, the Ascent I uses a newer type film called generation 2, and also comes with clear spars (those horizontal bars going across the film).

Performance wise the Ascent i is sonically a little better, and the bass has a little more kick to it, thanks to that aluminum woofer. If I had to choose between the two I would go for the “i”.

The Ascents are a fine speaker and the "i" is a little better but usually cost more too. $2000 for a nice pair of Ascents is a good deal and a local sale can be hard to find but a great way to make a transaction on large speakers such as these.

thanks for all your input.
i think i will wait for ascent i with a little bit more money but it comes with better sound.
thanks all

$2K for an ascent is very good. I bet you could take out $100 by haggling, too. Local sale is an added plus since you wont have to deal with shipping.

Latest posts

Back