ML Ascent and Jadis amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patlad

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm currently considering upgrading my system with a Jadis integrated amp (DA60 or DA88S both 60w) for driving my ML Ascent. I haven't any experience listening to tube amps and I would like to read some of your comments on such association.

I consider a Classe Audio CP500+CA2200 as well.

Thanks for your comments,

I used to use a 60 watt pc Audio Research amp to drive a pair of Sequel IIs. The power was insufficient. I've found the MLs really require 100 wpc, at least. This, of course, applies to my particular listening tastes and my room. Still, I'd be cautious about purchasing a tube amp without auditioning first.

My experience with ARC & Cary/AES

I spent a week with an ARC VT100 amplifier driving my reQuests full range and noticed some hints of strain when pushed (hard). I remember foregoing the ARC vt100 and seriously considering the bigger brother VT200 with 200wpc on tap.
Last year, I had the Cary V12i in my system running in triode mode, and it was more than enough. I registered 98db on my RadShack SPL meter at my listening position 12' away (comfortably). With the footprint of the Cary being too deep, I got the AES SixPacs monoblocs and was able to get the same result as the Cary. Don't ask me why, but I think it has to do with the circuit topology and implementation more than watts-per-channel.

Spike

Jadis DA60 and ML Ascent (i)

Hi ,

I have been owning a DA60 (KT90) for 3 years now and listen today the
association with ML Ascent (i) and the result was simply wonderful. :)
crystal treeble, warm medium ( especially on voices ) and tonic bass.
If you can , don't hesitate to listen that !
Brgds.

Pascal.

Thanks for all your comments,
I've listened to a JA-60 with Aeon and Genesis 6.1e, source was a Wadia 861, cables were Kimber. It was wonderful.
I've also listened to class audio with the same set up. Magic!
My personal taste is for the classe audio so I ordered a CP-500 preamp and a CA-2200 200 w/c amp.

I have a friend in TX who has a friend with the large Jadis amps, along with some expensive Lamm components. BTW, he will be getting rid of the Lamm pre and replacing it with a handmade passive pre-amp designed and built by our electronics guy (repairs and mods) who lives in Arlington, TX.

I have yet to hear it, but next time I am visiting I will be sure to drop in.

Here are some pictures of the stuff...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1066703453

DTB300 said:
I have a friend in TX who has a friend with the large Jadis amps, along with some expensive Lamm components. BTW, he will be getting rid of the Lamm pre and replacing it with a handmade passive pre-amp designed and built by our electronics guy (repairs and mods) who lives in Arlington, TX.

I have yet to hear it, but next time I am visiting I will be sure to drop in.

Here are some pictures of the stuff...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1066703453
This is a very nice set up indeed. The Jadis amps are the JA-500 (400w) with their power supply chassis.

Thank you for the pictures.

Last edited:
Back