Michigan Retail Adventure - Royal Oak

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
Hello guys, I just noticed a new stereo shop in Royal Oak, discovered by clicked a link on Audiogon.

http://davidmichaelaudio.com/default.aspx

Looks like a M/L dealer, and has a Sanders ELS 10B (demo) for sale.

How about we pick a day and car pool around Royal Oak visting the new store and old favorites like Almas HIFI and Audio Dimensions?

We might want to call them first and come in when they are slow but open.

PS: Overture Audio in Ann Arbor has a pair of previously owned CLS in their bargin basement for $1,075 ($2,500 original price), in nice looking shape (oak).

EDIT: This CLS sold for 3,500 orignaly, now 750, is that typical?
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrplan&1251212418&/Martin-Logan-CLS-The-originals

Last edited:
Hey George. I'm in. They are at AK fest every year for the last few, They were appointment only for a while. From their site it looks like they have a dedicated show room now. Martin Logan too. I wonde if they will cary the upper end?

Hey George. I'm in. They are at AK fest every year for the last few, They were appointment only for a while. From their site it looks like they have a dedicated show room now. Martin Logan too. I wonde if they will cary the upper end?

I looked around their site, they list some pricy stuff, not sure what's on the floor.

If we call ahead maybe they will hook up the Sanders for us.

Hey,
I've seen audiogon ads for this place for some time. If you remember the get together I had, there was a guy there named Jeff who I met when selling my SL3s. Jeff has been to this guys house to listen to some Harbeths. He was a one time working out of the his house, I believe. For some reason, I remember the Royal Oak address.

Anyways, I'm in depending on family commitments.

All the places are closed on Sundays.

Some may not be open on Saturay during the summer, but I'm not sure.

Mondays sometimes places are closed.

I can make any day of the week (self employed).

I can even make it this Saturday.

Someone suggest a day and a time, I'm very flexible.

I am in too if we can do it during the week...

BTW, he's a nice guy. He previously worked out of his house, but I haven't been to his showroom yet.. He even let me try out a Ear 834 phono preamp for about a month..

I know he's a Rega and Music Hall dealer and has quite a few other nice lines.

Last edited:
If Cosmos can make it this Friday morning, I'm going.

If not, then I'll be going Saturday morning.

Anyone want to chime in with their plans?

Okay, anybody up for Saturday?

I'm going, some company would be fun.

avid Michael Audio
4300 Delemere Blvd.
Suite #201
Royal Oak, MI 48073
Toll Free Phone: 866-961-4423

I just called and left a message with their answering service. The guy on the phone said they are open 10:00 AM-6:00 PM

However the website says:
http://davidmichaelaudio.com/t-contact.aspx
Showroom Hours of Operation: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Weekday's after 6:00 pm
Weekends 10am - 5:00PM

I sent them an e-mail too, no time is set.

Last edited:
EDIT:

David Michael Audio is doing some construction to make their listening rooms larger, small rooms are not so popular or common anymore. Until the dust has settled we will have to wait (unless you have an urgent need). David said he will host the M/L club for a listening session when ready.

FYI: The Sander's is gone, he will not carry it again, no interest in it.

Last edited:
Spam?

Glad I missed it.

I went into the Best Buy Magnolia Room last Sunday in Ann Arbor. A couple of small floor standing M/L's (which I don't even know the name of) for sale along with some M/L center speakers including a Logos. No subs like the Depth around though.

Last edited:
Back